Sunday, November 17, 2013

Are Ford Model A engines easy to work with?

muscle car engines info on ... 401-NAILHEAD-engine-decal-for-Buick-hot-rod-race-classic-or-muscle-car
muscle car engines info image



Cadeyrn


I might be getting a 1931 Model A coupe, it runs and all but not 100% well, someone told me the engines on classic cars are usually in some ways easier to work with because they were more simple than muscle cars and cars today.
Is this true?



Answer
The simple answer is YES! There is lots of room to work on the engine for things like a tune up. Even some internal engine work is easier than modern cars. A clutch job is difficult and brakes are difficult to balance. I would suggest you contact your local Modal A club for specific info.

Should I buy a classic muscle car if I cant work on it?




Josh


What I mean is that Ive always though that old muscle cars like mustang fast backs and 69 camaro ss, were just amazing. I cant even change my own oil to be completley honest so would it be dumb for me to buy a car like that ( one thats already completley redone ) ? And how would I go about learning about cars and engine.. etc. anyways. ?


Answer
sure go for it. i started out in high school with my 2 57 chevies. Join a local car club. they will be happy to assist you and if you ever need more info there are a ton of books and net sites to help you. if you wanna learn you gotta start somewhere.
http://www.oldride.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment