Thursday, March 6, 2014

Please tell me the full story of Kaitlyn Lassiter!?




ezgrl95


I am sure you all know what happened to Ms. Lassiter at Kentucky Kingdom. Her feet got chopped off. Even though she went to my school, I did not know her very well, altough I had talked to her before she was homeschooled. How much money does she get now? I know she got like 20 million when she sued KK and for medical bills. Please tell me every detail and website you know about her. Because my friends want to go there with me tomorrow........


Answer
Kaitlyn Lassiter, the 14 year old teenage girl, who had both feet severed on a Louisville amusement park ride on 21st June 2007, is speaking out publicly for the first time.

She and her family are pushing for better ride safety.

Lassiter had both of her feet severed when a cable broke loose on the Superman Tower of Power ride, at Kentucky Kingdom. Doctors were able to re-attach one foot, but could not save the other one.

âThis accident has affected my life dramatically,â said Lassiter. âI wonât be the person I was before because now Iâm scared of stuff. I fear for my life when I get in a car, I fear for my life when I get on an elevator. Itâs hard for me to live my days like I used to.â

âThe accident took my legs being taken from me, which people take for granted every day, to have something changed,â she said. âAnd thatâs sad.â

Lassiter and her family have filed a lawsuit against Kentucky Kingdom.
There has been a ton of media coverage concerning the 13-year-old girl who lost both of her feet when The Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Kentucky malfunctioned on June 21st. Now nearly two weeks after the terrifying accident, more details about the victim are emerging, including her current condition.

We now know the victim was 13 year old Kaitlyn Lassiter. According to a June 27th news report by WLKY News Channel 32, Kaitlyn is a Louisville resident who recently moved to the area from Florida. According to the same report, Kaitlyn was taken to a local hospital after the accident, and was then transferred to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. In a statement released to WLKY TV on July 3rd, Kaitlyn's parent's Randy and Monique Lassiter state that Kaitlyn remains in stable, and that doctors were able to reattach her right foot. In that statement Dr. Douglas Weikert , who is the assistant professor of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at Vanderbilt, explains that they were unable to reattach the left foot due to the severity of the injury, and that her recovery is progressing as expected.

Kaitlyn's parents claim that they have not been in contact with anyone from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom since the accident. A June 27th report by WLKY TV quotes a statement from the family as, "Kaitlyn's parents would like to state for the record that despite claims in the media by representatives from Kentucky Kingdom Theme Park, at no time has any representative of the theme park been in touch with members of the family."

Are roller coaster safe to ride anymore?




Melissa


In June 2007, a teenager's legs were severed when cables snapped on the Superman Tower of Power ride at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Ky. Doctors were able to reattach Kaitlyn Lasitter's right foot, but she had to have some of her left leg amputated and subsequent surgeries.

State officials blame a faulty cable and slow response by an amusement park ride operator in the accident. Her family is suing Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, claiming the park failed to maintain the ride and equipment and ensure riders' safety. The amusement park has denied liability in court filings.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/teen-decapitated-by-six-flags-coaster/20080628184409990001?icid=100214839x1204931612x1200224317



Answer
you are more likely to have a car accident than to have an accident in a roller coaster. plus, that was not really a coaster. it was the type of ride were you are shot straight up and then dropped.

there was just an accident in georgia but that was the failure on the ride but a person climbed over two 6foot fences, passed a bunch of signs stating that the area was off limits and dangerous and was hit by the coaster. rules are made to keep people safe and if you don't follow them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment