Friday, March 7, 2014

How might I import a Nano car from India?




Baby_Astro


This website has info on the car, $2,500 and 50 miles per gallon: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17984516


Answer
Different countries have different laws.

In Canada you can import, insure, and drive any car from any country (regardless of it passing the Canadian stipulations for it's class and year) that is I believe ten or fifteen years old.

However that varies with each Country.

I would contact your automobile insurance office, your local government transport office, and your local customs office (to see the costs involved).

As this car does not appear to be available in the country in which you live I would imagine you would have a great deal of difficulty importing and insuring it for use on your public streets.
If you are able to import it, you might be restricted to private property use. However, as it's less costly then many golf carts it might still be worth it.

Just for fun, visit the Tata Nano mini site, you can virtually customize a Nano. This will allow you to see all of the interior and exterior colors and options to see what is available and what you would like the best on your possible new car.

Best of luck, I love seeing imported cars in countries where they were never available.

P.S. Talk to a lawyer as a last case scenario, there's always the "Grey market" option that might be available. Your lawyer should know what I'm talking about.

The Nano convertible car?




Caramel B.


Hi, I am thinking about purchasing the Nano car. I see it here in the US. Do you know where I can buy them? Do I have to go to Canada? Where do americans buy them? If you can please tell give me any info. you may have. Also do you know how fast they can go on the highway? Thank you.


Answer
Unless you want to go to India, spend thousands in flight costs and transportation of the vehicle costs, only to get back to the states and get crushed by an SUV, you are SOL.

Sorry!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment