Monday, March 3, 2014

what were YOU doing during the 9/11 attacks?




dannnyy


I was in class at school it was soo scary. Our teacher turned on the news and i remember not knowing what was going on at all until my mom picked me up from school and told me..i didnt understand that it was a big deal then and now it means so much. My question is where were you and what were you doing during the 9/11 attacks?
Travis: thanks. ill have to check that out
im so terribly sorry to everyone who lost someone that day. it was a terrible day that almost all of us will never forget.



Answer
I was at the dealership getting my car serviced. The first plane had already crashed into the first tower.

I was watching the TV with another customer and I watched the 2nd plane crash in the 2nd tower LIVE on TV.

I turned to the guy and ask "Did that just happen?"

Plane Crash's, bee stings, and shark attacks...priorities?




LovePinkPu


It is unfortunate of Cory Lidle accident, but I just don't see how this makes "news". It also makes the case why we don't have flying cars. The average person is incompetent.

More people die every year from bee stings than shark attacks, yet it's a tough sell for the networks to get you amped-up about a bee sting, so they feed us fear...

Plane crash's...MUCH more people die every year on America's hwy's due to alcohol(roughly 120,000 since 9/11), but we can't get "excited" about people who look like us, drink too much, and kill us driving drunk.

Think we as Americans have our priorities mixed-up?



Answer
Shark attacks make news BECAUSE they are unusual.

And when a plane crashes into a high-rise building in New York City -- no matter who is in it -- it's news. Especially after 9/11 when planes crashed into two high rises.

It's more news if someone killed in the crash is a celebrity, like a professional baseball player.

BTW: It was the second time a New York Yankees player has been killed in a private airplane crash. The first was catcher Thurman Munson, in 1979.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment