Sunday, August 25, 2013

What do i need to buy a car from a private seller?

car info by vin free on All Info About Auto Repair: 2005 GMC Yukon/Denali XL 1500 2WD 5.3 ...
car info by vin free image



Darrickw


Im going to go to the seller in a few hours with cash, as i am planning on buying the car. I have a mechanic going with me. What do i need from the seller to put it in my name, and insure it. And the car is only $1700. I live in California, please help!


Answer
Also, you need to write a Bill of Sale. Handwritten is ok, w/ legal signatures of buyer & seller, plus other info like VIN, date, and any claims made orally put in writting, like "seller certifies vehicle will pass inspection [or what ever CA calls it], or money will be refunded in 10 biz days."

Positive ID of the seller, preferably from current photo drivers's license. Make sure signatures on license, title & Bill of Sale match. Seller's perm address, not PO box etc.

Make sure seller has lien-free title in hand, not at his uncle's house.

Know CA's title system for titling vehicles that have been Salvaged/Rebuilt, are Theft Recovery, or LemonLaw/Warranty return, etc.

If title has the above labels on it, dont buy unless your mechanic is familiar w/ CA's system w/ those titles and knows how to judge a Salvage/Rebuilt or LemonLaw vehicle.

How do i find the car repair history for free?

Q. I have my vin # and everything I would need about the car. I tried car FAX but they charge 35-55 dollars. Is there a legitimate website I can go to to find this information?


Answer
depending on the year you will never find out hahahahha. ull only see what the dealers have done but individuals do repairs without reporting it so you will never no everything... and sorry im not sure where you can go to get that info other than I think.. don't hold me to it but I think ebay motors... when u post a vehicle for sale there and go to ur page as if ur going to buy your car or looking at the ad it has a button to view the car fax or info on the car from previous owners.. im not sure if they still do this but I no when I sold a car a few years back it was there... and it was free... it told me all the previous owners and everything which can also show useful info as in if the car has been sold recently many times... usualy that's not a good sign haha.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment