Monday, September 2, 2013

how do i hook up a 4 point harness in my car?

race car info for kids on Para os naturebas que adoram suco de clorofila :-)
race car info for kids image



EpicRacer


i have the stock seat right now, and i want to get a racing seat belt. i tend to drive fast and the stock belt isnt very secure.

can i hook up a 4 point harness or do i have to get an aftermarket seat?



Answer
Truthfully it's not as safe as your stock belts unless you install them right. To install them right you need a harness bar, roll bar or roll cage in the car.

The shoulder belts is the prob.. Most ricers, and kids that wants to look cool buys the belts and bolts the shoulder belts to floor pan behind front seat..

That is VERY bad. In a crash the belts will pull you towards mount point.. If belts are pulling down that much on your shoulder, you risk spinal compressing, which is where your spine in compressed or pushed together.

To mount the shoulder belts safe they need to be level with shoulders to 4" below shoulders.. No lower than that, and never higher than shoulders.

Next is the mount point.. Just drilling a hole in floor pan, putting bolt through tab on belts and through floor is a joke. The floor pans are too thin and weak. The bolt will just rip out during a crash most of the times.

I race my car at a NHRA track and to be legal to race my shoulder belts has to go to the seat cross bar of my roll cage.. Crotch strap and lap belts if mounted to floor must have a 2" dia or square, 1/4" thick steel plate on top and bottom of floor where belt mounts too with a grade 8 1/2" min thread size bolt through both plates

I answered another race harness question a few days ago too and gave more info.. You might want to check that one out
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjSjHV5MyMsedBpjYpHy5mvty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080501221111AAyV7H9&show=7#profile-info-aNnVRipDaa

Why do people rice out their hondas and whatnot?




snoogywoog


I keep seeing these guys with their hat sideways with a huge muffler, body kits, wings, and other crap on their hondas acting like their the fastest thing on the road. I know that none of these things give much(if any) power to these cars. yes i know there are fast japanese cars out their but a majority of them are economy cars with less than 200hp. I drive a full size truck 'raced' one of these cars a today and it was like he was going in reverse! Why do people do it?
To Maxwell: I know you are very proud of your 'kustom kool' imports, but if i had put HALF the money into say a 2002 Trans Am WS6 it would run circles around all of your cars. I never said they were all slow, i do recall mentioning there are some fast and respectable imports out there. But is it worth 13k to most people just to say your faster than say a mustang(for your info i hate mustangs). And 95% of those cars out there dont have these mods. Just cosmetic bolt ons. You can tell these guys dont know sh*t about performance if they are putting a spoiler on a front drive car. 11 second times are very respectable. But the 1987 buick turbo regal i had ran consistent high 11's low 12's with about 2k in bolt ons. And guess what? it was a fuel injected V6! With 119k on the stock block to add to that. What i am saying is tuner cars that actually have go are very respectable. but a 127 hp honda with a fart pipe? I'll take the T/A..



Answer
I for one have a 1997 NSX(6cyl), a 2000 Honda Prelude Type-SH(4cyl), and a 1995 Civic VX(4cyl)

Now, the NSX (yellow) has a lipkit on it, lowered 19" wheels w/ Yokohama Parada Spec 2's, CROWER Stage 3 Cams', CROWER Valve Train, CROWER Cam Gears, HKS exhaust system, AEM CAI, headders, a Port & Polish Job, Vale Job, JDM Honda Emblems (Red), Chipped ECU.. ALl done and said - weekend car mostly. Ran a 11.83 @ 119mph @ Fromoso.(approx. $13,000 invested)

Now, the Prelude (Pearl white)...It has a Full Mugen Body Kit, lowered on 17"s, exhaust system, CAI, Port & Polish, CROWER Stage 2 Cams, CROWER Came Gears, CROWER Stroker Kit, CROWER Stage 2 Valve Train, Turbonetics Turbo Kit, OBX Turbo Manifold, 50mm BOV, Short Throw Shifter, Chipped ECU w/ Apex'i VAFC., ect., ect. (fully built to the BRIM) That, is a...show/track car. Ran a 11.2 @ 126mph (18psi) at Fromoso Dragstrip on Street Tires (Yokohama Parada Spec 2's) (over $20,000 invested)

Hahaha, the civic.....Daily shit box. Exhaust, 15" wheels, CAI, CROWER Stage 1 Cams, Headders, Lowered, Type-R wing. Thats it. Only have it cause it takes regular gas...the other 2 take premium. (approx. $3,000 invested)

Why did I do ALL of those mods, you may ask?

Because, I have the money to spend...because I like the way custom imports look.

All of my cars are Honda's. I can GUARENTEE that 2 of them will take a Shitstang GT any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Just cause a 4-cyl and a 6-cyl HONDA can beat your "all mighty & tough" Mustang or Camaro, dosent give you the right to bash on them. They OWN you. Well, not stock ones, but modded ones. Well---the stock NSX can beat a GT. Anyways. What im saying is -- everyone has thier own tastes in cars! Let them do what they wanna do. Just cause it may have a HUGE Spoiler, bodykit and oversized wheels, doesnt mean he's not hiding a suprise under the hood. ;)

Incase you are wondering why I have ALOT of Crower stuff - We build Racing motors for people..and I get 50% of MSRP.

[b]ADDITIONAL INFO:5/16/06[/b]

Thats not really true, even if you have a FWD car, it its fast enough, you could use a *small* wing. Im not for the HUGE aluminium wings, but all my cars have small wings. The prelude has a "flat" wing (that comes off the decklid), the NSX has the NSX-R Wing, which comes up about 1ft. the Civic has a REAL Civic Type-R wing from Japan. Everything can use a lil' downforce. I mean, I know its so minute it dosent seem like anything. I personally have pinned the speedo in the Prelude at 155mph @ 7,800rpm, and it keeps pulling to 8,600rpm...so im guessing my speed it about 165-170mph. The NSX I have gone 180mph. The civic....that goes about 120mph. Dont call me crazy. I have been racing cars for 11 years, I have gone to 3 different racing schools. I also race 125cc Shifters that go 0-60 in like 2.2 seconds. I had a Ducati 999R, that was stolen at the begining on this year.

Anyways, I dont think its "worth" 13K just to say that its faster than a Mustang GT. A STOCK Prelude is almost as fast, a STOCK NSX is FASTER, but the civic...bless its heart, just cant compete. I just wanted a lil' transpo car.

Now, I am NOT saying that Domestics are worthless. I have a 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE 4x4. I also have the new GT500 on order. Yes, I HATE mustangs from...1989+. I LOVE the 1960's+ Shelbys and such, my uncle had a 1968 GT350 that I fell in LOVE with when I was a kid. The only reason I like the Shelbys is because I do know Carroll Shelby, not real well, but I have met him on several occasions (due to being in the Shelby Club of America).

To end this, I will re-enact the scene today at a gas station (driving the Prelude).

Me: Holy shit...gas is 3.89 for premium..
Hot woman w/stang: Why do you put that good stuff in that piece of shit?
Me: *odd look* Because, UNLIKE YOU, my car has a high-performace motor.
Woman: Fuck you, asshole. *she takes off*

Ya, her car was a Mustang...V6. Wow, what a POS. My civic can take one. My civic actually makes about 157hp at the wheels, which isnt bad...considering it only weighs about 2,400lbs. My old 2002 Mini S didnt make that much at the wheels, and that was S/c'd.

If anyone wants to contact me; Maxwell222000@yahoo.com I also have the Yahoo! Messenger.

Thanks,

-M.J




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment