Monday, March 17, 2014

Car Warranty Scam-help please! ?




LeenaJo'sM


For about two weeks now I've been getting phone calls from all over the country (my phone has city ID) and its the same message each time. They are calling for the 'third and final time' about my car warranty. I don't have one! My car is old and I bought it from my cousin. I've pushed the button to be off their calling list numerous times. And today I asked to speak to a customer service person. I said I'd like to be off their mailing list and the guy just hung up on me.
I'm tired of these calls! What can I do?
I am on the do not call registry already!
They don't have a business name.
And...it's been weeks! I don't answer most of them and they leave voice mails.



Answer
Yep.

I am the original owner of my second beater car so I know it is so out of warrenty that it isn't even funny. So when I got a call saying it was going to expire my spidey sense kicked in..... even though I had not heard of this scam.

When I was asked was the make and model of my care I said "you called me about my warrenty so you tell me as obviously you would have that info in front of you". I did not even get an excuse and they just hung up without a word said.

My thought is if you are going to try to scam me at least lie to me and spin a good tale.

They just dial numbers at random as my number is a new one from switching companies, it is unlisted and maybe 8 people have our landline number. Everybody else has our cell numbers.

They call from multiple numbers and multiple cells so you can't tell them to remove you from their list. By using multiple numbers you can't call your phone company and have certain numbers blocked. Plus there is the kind of Yahoo service (there are many companies that do it) that I have. I have relatives in Europe. I added a number that looks like and works like a local number there. They dial this local number and they don't have to pay long distance. But if one didn't know where I was I could be calling from Europe for all that anybody would know. I could be living 3000 miles away in California if I signed up for another number.

But here is how the scams work. As long as you are still talking to them they feel that you might be that one in a hundred that might still think that maybe there is something to this and pay. They still have you "on the line" so to speak.

Maybe a husband or wife might pick up the phone and think it is good idea.... since maybe the car needs some work. They would not be doing this scam if some people did not fall for it.

Just ignore the call and do not attempt any contact. If you don't recognize don't pick it up. If it a legit person or company they can leave a message. The scammers will tire of you and move along.

what do i do with this car warranty and the dealer, should i complain?




eck210


i bought my vw jetta GLI 3 months ago used. it is an 05, with close to 93000 miles. it broke down on me monday, just stalled in the road. luckily i had my mom wit me so i could have someone in the drivers seat as i pushed my own car to the gas station. she also has AAA which saved us a lot on towing.
the car was towed to my street and was kept for a day. i called my dealer, who said that the warranty contract application hadn't been sent yet. How come? it's been 3 months since i purchased the warranty? so i tell them to fax the application to the warranty company. they "did", my VIN or contract info still hasn't showed up. i keep calling the dealer and they tell me a representative got the application. i called the representative, she says she faxed the info, that they got it.
I call back, nothing, no contract application not even under the not in file section.
Is this a fraud? what should i do? if this doesn't get straightened out, my car's repair for a bent/broken head valve will cost me around $1000. should i complain, or is this really a process that takes long and i was unfortunate that my car broke down within the so called "waiting" period?
if so, couldn't i have still got my car fixed for free since it did break down before the waiting period?
by the way the warranty is under Amerigard. are they a respectable company?



Answer
Some car dealers sit on the money for a while and use it for other things. This is illegal. If you signed the service contract you should have it noted some where on your sales contract that you have this warranty. You can take them to small claims court at no cost to yourself. Let the dealer know you will take them to court if they will not repair the car.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment