Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Car Mechanics?




madmorty


hey
just a question to the Car Mechanics,
1.do you like being a Car Mechanic?
2.do you like the pay?
3.how easy is it?
4.what GCSES did you have when you left school
5.did you go to collage or into appretiship or both
and
would you like to do another job?
thanks



Answer
1. Yes, I still enjoy repairing vehicles, diagnosing them however after years of doing this I find myself doing more of the business end. I think you either enjoy it just as any other interest or dont. For example: My friend loves to decorate interiors of houses which bores me to death but she can spend hours looking through material and matching colors, and desig..........yauuuwn. Zzzzzzzzzz. Im sorry, but anyway you get the point: Mechanic work is not work to some, just fun!
2. The pay is great...if you are good. Good is doing the job correctly the first time, having the knack for mechanical ability, honest work, good tools, and a company who matches all of the above to provide unlimited jobs to perform!
3. It is all easy. Let me explain; There is nothing HARD TO DO on any vehicle, its all a mater of time consuming varibles. Some things take longer to repair or take apart, etc. If the job is HARD than you lack something like knowlege, or correct tools, or patience. I have run into jobs over the last 25 years in which I rejected because of the time involved or lack of knowlege but never have done a job that was too hard. You can get info and tools on any automotive task, its just a matter if YOU think its worth your time for the reward weather money or accomplishment.
4. I kind of grew up with doing automechanicing with my dad, did a one year vo-tech cource with a great instructor who taught theory of operation rather than how to let a machine or tester diagnose it for you. After that I took every free or otherwise, class on any area of automotive offered by vendors to where I worked or by the company itself I worked at. Be careful of these "g r e a t" automotive colleges as Ive hired so-called mechanics that went through these, graduated with great scores and just did not have the basics put into their brains yet to even start at a level to earn a paycheck! And they payed thousands some up to nine thousand dollars for their "education". Go to a reputable school but make sure it really TEACHES you HOW everything works!!!
5. The only other job I would consider is the one Ive kinda evolved into which is business management/ownership. You still get to help people but I enjoy making deals w/vendors and other companies. Sure do miss working on cars but I have other interests. Kind of depends if YOU have more than one interest.
6. To be a successful mechanic: Have the knack for it. Have the pleasure of doing it. Get a real education to start so you can easily learn the rest of it in the future. Stay honest, accurate, and keep everything Quality.

Ps. When I graduated from Auto school I felt that I knew at least 90% of what there was to know about cars...after my first year working as a mechanic professionally at a shop I figured I knew about 3% of what there was to know about cars and had grown in knowlege considerably!!!

do mechanics sell cars? And info about buy here pay here dealers?




Jocelyn So


I'm looking for my first car, and I've heard about mechanics selling cars from people who either don't pay for what they got fix, couldn't pay what they got fix or never came back for it. And that if you go there and ask them, if by any chance they do sell the car that they might charge you the payment fee of the car, depending tho. since they have no need for it.
And im curious about those buy here pay here dealerships that sell normally used cars, whats the risk with them and other advice about them, because im looking for a good used car at a decent price. I went to Nissan and they offered me Nissan sentra 2006 around 55,000 miles and there selling it for 9,000, down payment of 2,500, but I don't belive that car is worth 9,000, and Kelly blue book said its worth around 7,600 around there, If anyone knows any good advice on negotiating with them. please and thank you
Anything info would be extremely helpful



Answer
I would be surprised if you can even buy from a mechanic since they most likely don't have the title for the car. You must have the title in order to register the car and get a tag. If you use a buy-here-pay-here be very careful. They usually deal with people who have poor credit and charge very high interest rates. They also may sell cars that have been salvaged from wrecks where the car has been declared a total loss and rebuilt. You will find many that are honest and sell reasonable cars but do be careful. I recommend either a new car dealership or a reputable used car dealer. Since used cars do not usually have any warranty be sure you have it checked out by someone you trust before you buy it. Although you looked up a value for the care you looked at in KBB be aware that used car values change from week to week and also change by area. Many dealers use a "Black Book" that is available only to dealers. It is published weekly and by local area. This can vary widely from KBB and NADA values. Also check Edmunds.com. Between these three you may be able to come up with a close approximation of what a certain car is worth. Your credit rating can impact what kind of down payment they are looking for. If you have very little or poor credit history a larger down payment can be what is needed to get a lender finance you.
Hope this helps and good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment