Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What is the best car site out there?




MayK


I'd like to know which is the best web site out there besides craigslist which allows me to post my advertisement to sell my cars or search for specific cars to my liking. Craigslist is too general....I would like someone to tell me if there is any specific car website which offers free services and is user friendly!

Thank you!



Answer
Craigslist is quite a good place to search for cars and all. The only thing i don;t like about it is that is gets scammers and spammers!

Backpage is another website which is not bad...similar to craigslist but cleaner

Try AllTheRides.Com. It's a up and coming site which you might like. It's not the conventional site you'd find. A bit of everything really.....classifieds, reviews, news, and community :)

Why do news sites make things more dramatic than necessary? See details..?




Wake7


Sort of the chicken and the egg thing - do we love reading about horrible things, so news provides it to get more viewers and therefore money?

Or is it that if news sites were more straight up about things and less like TV, people would stop wanting everything to be that way?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/27/grace.coldcase.gloddy/index.html?iref=mpstoryview


CNN does this ALL THE TIME. As does the other main networks. Read that story and try and ask yourself:

Why was this posted on the front page? The answer lies at the end of the story.......but......

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF BEING SO GRAPHIC AND DRAMATIC ABOUT IT? All they have to say is she was "brutally murdered", not that she was raped and found naked, run over repeatedly, strangled, and beaten. Everyone just loves this crap don't they. And the title: teen leaves with dog, only dog returns. oooooooooooo gotta click on that scary story. oh man a 13 year old girl! there's her picture - ya I can really vision it now - her teenage body getting raped, screaming, getting run over by a car repeatedly, thank god I have the privilege of knowing all these details. Thanks CNN my day is more stimulating now and I'm more educated Hmm when's the text horror movie showing? Is there one on tonight? Lets go to the theatre guys! I hear a high schooler gets raped while her boyfriend is strapped to a chair as a drill slowly passes through his head!

Or are they simply trying to make it sound terrible so that people who do know something about the crime are more convinced to tell on the person? (Or is it two birds with one stone)



Answer
This is a question I deal with often when I write or report a news story. I work in radio so we have to use words to describe and help people see without seeing. I agree with you that some news stories get too graphic and it is about ratings or selling news papers or drawing readers to your website. But many of our news writers just do not know any better. And news rooms are so understaffed these days that there is no editor to change the structure of a story. But the bottom line here is the bottom line. If my style of writing news brings more listeners, my station can sell adds for a higher price and hopefully I get more money too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment