Monday, November 4, 2013

Where do I start with upgrading my car audio?

car audio info on Subwoofer | Car Audio | Product Information | JVC India
car audio info image



Sahil Chug


So I'm a music freak. i've got a toyota corolla and the only thing i care about is the audio system. Mainly looking for a good bass. What do I need. How much are we talking. I'm new to the world of car audio.


Answer
i have a 2003 corolla s.

I started off by adding a new headunit, the alpine cda-9856 and new front speakers, alpine type r components. This gave me pretty good sound for about 450 bucks. (i paid msrp you can find it cheap, ill link you to it later).

After that i replaced the back speakers with type r's as well, and added a kicker 4 channel amp to power these.

At this point i have great vocals, and decent bass. Its no subwoofer but i was able to hear it. This added about another 300 dollars.

I got a pair of entry levels kicker subwoofers and wired them up with another external amp, and this gives me enough bass where the center rear view mirror isnt usable. It shakes the front seats a lil and the backs pretty good. This was about another 350 to the total cost. So for 1000 or so you can get a real nice system. In all honesty, you can skip the 4 channel amp, cuz it only adds about 6 decibels to the vocals, for 300 dollars it might not be worth it to u )

If you want alot of bass, go with an alpine type r or type x. Im upgrading to a type x this summer. In a properly built enclosure, the type x gets 145-155 db of bass. Trust me thats a lot. This sub plus the amp to power it is gonna set you back around 600 dollars.

Check out crutchfield.com, and go to the learn section. They have tons of information about properly staging the sound in your car and optimizing the sq of the setup. Dont buy anything from them, they charge straight msrp, and the cost quickly adds up. For shopping, check out onlinecarstereo.com, hifisoundconnection.com or sonicelectronix.com

all of them sell a wide variety at very cheap prices.
Hope i gave you enough of a kick start in the world of stereo. Send me an email at abraves4410@yahoo.com if you need/want any more info about my setup or general info.

Using equalizer and DSP software to encode MP3s for car audio?




z0plax


I've been experimenting with equalizer software, specifically a couple of WinAmp plugins, one is OzoneMP by iZotope, another is Electri-Q by AiXcoustic.

Can someone please find info to give me a crash course in using EQ software in general, these in particular, to reencode audio for a car audio system + subwoofer?

For example, the Ozone plugin has various equalizer presets for frequencies, but it also has an array of settings to set the "room" size. How do I tailor this to the interior of my '96 Chevy Monte Carlo?!
Evil Rondy do you have any suggestions on how best to do this?

I have a laptop and I the plugins for WinAmp I describe have spectrum analysis along with equalizer capability. Do I need to play back a CD, and record that session, then play it through WinAmp on the laptop to see how the sound is affected in different areas of the car?

Total newbie to this type of in-depth analysis so any additional details would be appreciated. :-)



Answer
The only way to do this is to "scope" out the interior acoustics in your car using test CD's and a spectrum analyzer. This is the same technique used by Bose for factory systems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment