Saturday, February 15, 2014

How to find registered owner of a car with a VIN number?




askquestio


I sold my car years ago to a dealer and now I would like to buy it back. How do I find the name of owner and his address with a VIN number of the car? Can I find this info from DMV?


Answer
I used to sell cars in America. in OHIO.
NOT THE DMV.....At the county courthouse, a record is kept of EVERY owner, in sequence, of the same car. They would have the records of each title transfer, from owner to owner.
However, this may be a matter of public privacy... and only the police or a private detective could intervene.

If the last owner in your county moved to another state... I think you will be lost forever...gooood luck.

can i buy software that GIVES ME INFORMATION FOR CARS BY USING VIN NUMBER?




autopartsp





Answer
I seriously doubt it. To get an accurate answer go to a new dealer's parts counter and ask your question. The VIN # has very secure information on it. #1. With a VIN # You could walk into any dealership that sells that vehicle they could supply every bit of info on the car including key codes. You have to prove your the owner of a VIN before you get anything. The info is stored on a Ford, Chevrolet computer program. You don't find these dealer factory programs at Staples or Tiger Direct.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment