Sunday, April 6, 2014

Car displays radio info but not time. What do I do?




Robert P


We recently took our car to the shop for a repair that required removing the dashboard. Since we got it back, the car hasn't displayed the time (But displays radio information and such perfectly fine) I'm really hoping that they just unplugged it and thus reset the settings or something, and I've been trying to figure out how to enable the clock, but no luck.

It's a 2002 Crown Victoria. Any ideas?
No, it's completely black where the time is normally displayed.



Answer
Does it not display the clock at all?
Or does it reset to 00:00 every time you start the car?
If the latter, it may be a problem with the remote wire in the back of your stereo.
However I wouldn't know what to suggest if it doesn't display it at all.

Car radar detector (Valentine One)?




Shayla


I just purchased a radar detector for my car. It is a Valentine One (QJAV18) I purchased only the detector and mounting bracket. It did not come with the power outlet plug or the detector bar that can be installed on the dash of the car for easier viewing while driving.
I was told if I bought the power outlet plug that goes into the car outlet it will still work just like a regular cobra or other brands.
Yes I know I should have asked before buying but its a really nice and pricy radar that I got for a decent deal.
Someone please let me know! I don't car if I don't have the wiring harness and mini display box I just want the detector to work!
Thanks for your responces and help!
Anyother info on this device would be great also!
Best answer will be picked



Answer
What kind of cars are you planning on detecting with this radar device that does not work? Invisible ones? Aliens? Cars that do not work? Sorry, dude but I could not help myself. You got a decent deal? On a device that does not work? Oh, well. We all have our issues. I have never owned a detector nor have I even been issued a speeding citation. The rules are rather simple. At close to the speed limit, no issues. No need for any devices. If you wish to speed, then buy a car you can race in any local tracks. More fun, more rewarding. In fact, there are go-karts that can meet this need you express. Speeding is costly in more than citations, which, by the way, costs Americans over 5 BILLION DOLLARS EACH YEAR. That is five thousand million dollars. It also cost as to fuel. The speeding and reckless driving and passing to get to the next traffic light costs you about three gallons of fuel out of each ten purchased. The oil companies thank you. The gasoline retailer thanks you. The tire stores thank you. The auto repair shops thank you. The mechanics that replace the brakes thank you and a few others in this business thank you. You contribute to the economy each day. They all thank you. How much do you contribute? For gasoline alone, between $500 to $900 each year. Substantially more or a bit less. But in that range. Speeding is the highest contributor. Think of the speed difference to the speed limit and not the top number. Distance is the largest factor. To speed for five, ten, even fifteen miles is a total waste. From 60 MPH to 70 MPH (in reality averaging about 66 MPH) The difference is 6 seconds per mile. Not much. But the cost is about 30% extra fuel. And when you get the exit, a traffic light, sign or traffic shall bring those seconds to zero. So, drive 20 miles at your speed and I shall at 60 MPH. Same cars. Same road. 20 x 6=120 seconds. Two whole minutes of difference. What is the average traffic light lasts on red? Do your own numbers. Add extra wear on times and brakes and the cost is HUGE per year. I just returned from two weeks in Europe courtesy of economical driving. What shall you do with all that money? Why give to the oil execs and everyone on that list I mentioned? Do this. Make fake $100 bills of paper, cartoons. Seven of them. Put them in your pocket. How does that feel? Multiply times four. $2,800. What could you do with $2,800? Any ideas? Put this detector away in the Lessons Learned box in the attic. Start driving wisely. Best of luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment