Sunday, April 6, 2014

Car inspection - get in trouble if you do it a day late?




Jane


If you get your car inspected the day after your yearly inspection sticker expires, can you get in trouble for being a date late? I know you could if you get pulled over by a cop with the expired sticker. But what I'm wondering is will the state's computer systems know that you let your inspection sticker expire? Is all this info linked up via computer systems or do they have no way of knowing?
I live in MA. Thanks



Answer
In Texas we have 5 days of forgiveness to get it done. I ALWAYS wait until at least the 2nd day to get it inspected, because the way they do them here, that actually gives you 13 months and you only pay for 12.

This is what Texas DPS website says:
Inspection Grace Period
There is a five (5) day grace period for motorists to get their inspection sticker. An inspection certificate expires on the last day of the month that is indicated on the windshield. Therefore, you have until the 5th day of the following month to have your car inspected.

Passing car inspection question?




Matty


Alright so my backwindshield wiper broke and I was wondering if that needed to be fixed in order to pass inspection?

BQ: My brother is the one who got pulled over today because our car hasn't been inspected since November, when my brother was pulling out all his info out of the glove box..the cop saw that I had my junior license in the glovebox and flipped out saying it needs to be with me all time. But it is my junior license, which is no longer valid. And he still kept flipping out saying that I had to have it on my person. Is this sheriff retarded or something?



Answer
you DEFINITELY do not need to have your back windshield wiper working.
it's not something that all cars have so it's not required.
& yes, that cop is obviously a douche, it sounds like he just wanted something to yell at your brother about. because his reasoning for pulling him over in the first place was probably something minor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment