Thursday, June 12, 2014

Are my thoughts on buying a 1 or 2 year old car wrong?




Ryan


Everyone says don't buy new. The joke is you buy and new car, drive it round the block to sell it 5 minutes later and it will be worth $5,000 less.

Cause that $5,000 is in owner profits, dealer commissions, and fees a new car dealership adds on. Like delivery fee, keys fee ($120 now-a-days) inspection fees, ect

Instead buy a 1 or 2 year old car to avoid all the fees and dealer costs.

But my thoughts have always been a new car has to be broken in in the first 3 to 12 months. And you just don't know if the previous owner did that.

Was the owner hard on the breaks? Was he drag racing the car the first night? Did he ride it hard and put it away wet??? You just don't know.

I say if a guy knows he is going to buy a new car every two years he is not going to break the car in properly.

Yes you can go to Show me the car facts and stuff like that.

But should I just stop thinking this way and buy a 1 or 2 year old car???



Answer
Cause that $5,000 is in owner profits, dealer commissions, and fees a new car dealership adds on. Like delivery fee, keys fee ($120 now-a-days) inspection fees, ect
===

Hate to break the news to you, but car dealers make MORE on used cars than new cars. They can add the same fees, for the most part, to used cars.

Profit margins are really slim on new cars, so if that is the rationale, then it's wrong.

If you don't trade in often to where you need to make up some negative equity, get a new car.

The used car market is so jacked up pricewise, that it's not always better to buy used.

I certainly like the '08 F150 I went birthday shopping for over the summer, but two more years of the same payment to get a warranty and 105 more horsepower from a 5.0L may not have been such a bad idea by buying a '13 model F150. Besides, F150s hold their value, so depreciation would be nearly irrelevant even if I was the type to trade in often.

I'm not really complaining because I like my truck over some of the things I can pick on the newer ones about, but it is worth doodling over in the free time...especially when I hear deals on the radio for $18k 2013 F150 XLT 5.0L SuperCabs. Just something to think about, though the need for a second SCab wasn't there. Deprecation on a deal like that? Whatever.

What is the best car insurance company in North Carolina?




Eric


Hi. So I recently moved from New England to North Carolina. I have my 2002 Toyota Camry. It was my Dad's and is still under his name. However, I want to get the title in my name hopefully by early 2014. That means paying for insurance too. I figure I'm going to have to do this soon, might as well do it now and learn more responsibility.

My parents are paying for my car and their cars under MetLife. (Yes, the one with the Snoopy logo). They are paying about the same plan they did in Massachusetts. I know North Carolina has more competition in pricing and I want to shop around for a decent plan that gives me what I need but for a better price. My Mom is hysterical and doesn't want me to go anywhere else because she think NC insurance is crap.

I like that MetLife gives me what I need but I'm not paying more than I have to in insurance. Sorry Mom.

So my question is. What is the best car insurance company in North Carolina? Any suggestions. I would like a company that offers affordable plans but also is a reliable company when I need them. Please NO cheapo discount insurance.

Here are my only two liabilities in my driving history:
1. Got into a minor car accident in October of 2011. Just a paint smear with another car. Nobody was hurt and neither car got in worse performance condition.
2. Got a seatbelt violation ticket in January 2013. (It was actually for speeding but the cop went easy probably because he saw I was wearing a suit. I was on my way to a family memorial service near the South Boston area.)

Any experiences?

I mean, what is my Mom worried about? I never hear in the news about people dying because they have NC car insurance. I know there is cut rate (bad) insurance out there because of competition. But there's got to be something better in NC than paying a Taxachuetts MetLife plan. (Sorry BayStaters, but you know it's true)

Thank you!



Answer
There is no such company. The best insurance company for one person may be the worst for the next person. Simply get several quotes and then choose the best quote for you.
You are just wasting your time asking this question. It cannot be answered.

Happy shopping




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment