Friday, September 27, 2013

What to do when switching car insurance?

info needed for car insurance quote on car insurance, classic cars
info needed for car insurance quote image



wanderlust


I am planning on switching car insurance providers b/c:

1.) My car got stolen 01/25/2013 and I only had liability coverage (car was a 1996 Nissan Maxima)
2.) I was hit in October 2012 and it was not my fault and received settlement money b/c my car was deemed a total loss
3.) With that money I put a down payment on a used car this past weekend b/c now I truly had no car
4.) I now need full coverage to my current policy and replace the old car with the newer one but the 6-month premium is too high.

While shopping around for car insurance, I found an auto quote that was A LOT more affordable than if I were to stick with my current insurance. With that being said, I had a lot of questions.

I got into a car accident in May 2012 and it was my fault. No one was hurt and no air bags deployed. My insurance paid the damages. Now, if I cancel my policy with them, does that mean that I have to pay the insurance company back the money for the damages they covered to the other car?

My other question is how much information do I disclose when applying for a new auto policy? I have of course included the at-fault accident in May and I also included the accident that was not my fault. Before these 2 accidents, I had one just one that was in a parking lot. The other driver and I were deemed both at fault, 50/50. Damage to his car was around $700. That was 3 years ago. The insurance company I was looking into said online to include accidents that were at least 51% your fault and accidents that weren't your fault too. Do I include this accident too even tho it was 50/50?

My last question is about speeding and points. I my first speeding ticket in June 2012. I got a reduced fine and went to traffic school so it wouldn't show up and get a point. Once again, while looking at auto quotes, they asked if I had a moving violation which includes speeding. Because I went to traffic school and everything, do I tell them about that too?

Despite the bad luck I've had this past year with my driving record, I only have one point. The 50/50 accident will be off because it's the 3rd year. I live in CA and got this info from the DMV website: "The length of time depends on the severity of the offense. Most points (illegal turn, not making a complete stop, driving over the speed limit, etc.) and/or accidents will stay on your driver record for 36 months (3 years)."

I've included the link: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/teenweb/more_btn6/points/points.htm

Any advice and suggestions is greatly appreciated! Thanks!



Answer
You shouldn't lie about anything because the motor vehicle records are scanned and they will see everything anyway.

Add: if you went to traffic school to reduce a ticket, that won't be on your record. As long as you satisfied the requirements of the court that is. Insurance agents don't "want" to charge you for a speeding ticket because all,it does is increase the premium and then you decide you don't want it. Even if you tell them you have a ticket, if it doesn't show up on the motor vehicle record, they are NOT going to want to hold that against you. They will be excited it didn't show up..

where can i find a basic car insurance quote?




zachary.sw


i dont want to enter all of my personal information. it doesnt need to be exactly i just want like a basic calculator. i dont mind like the accident info or my car info but not my SS# and address. i just want a estimate. or is there somehow i can do it my self.
i have already tried the insurance compnaies online but i dont want to enter all that information i just want a basic quote



Answer
Your estimate is based on all that information. Want a quote? Fill in the blanks.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment