Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Would an auto insurance company have a reason to ignore the fact of having an incorrect VIN Number?

car info through vin number on look at the piston and bore liner on the 4.6L RWD version of the ...
car info through vin number image



Larry<---


I got a dui years ago and have now saved enough to buy my car and get it on the road. The risk of my age and record, I found myself going through an insurance company that looks like it literally has holes in the wall. Their advertisement is that they will accept anyone. And they will for the month to month price they can get. I noticed they copied down the wrong vin number for my vehicle. They stated that it was not important for sr22's. I had some spare time later and went back with the correct one written down for them to copy. In front of me they wrote down the wrong number off the sheet I handed them. "well okay... I'm just going to write down this". "it shouldn't be a problem" Is basically what they said to me during the process. is there any reason they would avoid using correct info? Or is it really just not that important?
(PS The number on my mailed insurance cards is incorrect and I just wrecked the car last week).



Answer
The vin # is totaly critical its the cars ID , if it doesnt match an adjuster if he wanted to be a jerk , could argue that the vehicle wrecked and the insured vehicle are 2 seperate cars altogether, and insurance adj. are notorious for being -icks !

I need to find the owner of this vin number 1FTDF15Y3KPA04185?




sting


I sold the my car to that person and they did not transfer it to their name. The Vin number is from his car. I did not leave my plates on the car either.


Answer
You need to contact your local licensing agency and file a seller's report of sale. It will protect you from the date it was filed and forward. If something has happened, buyer wrecked the car, didn't transfer title and parking tickets coming in your name, you would be responsible for anything prior to the seller's report of sale being filed. This is an important step in the selling process that many people fail to do, then problems such as your's come up, and you have to pay because you didn't proplerly follow through on the sale. You will not be offered info from the DMV regarding the new owner, the car title is going to show in your name, the VIN is going to be connected to you, so there is info to give you. Did you give a bill of sale? Did you have a copy of the bill of sale? These are things that should have occurred to stop problems from happening.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment