Friday, May 9, 2014

Moving, how to set up your car info? Please help!?




kainrich98


Ok, im in the process of moving from Pa to Mi, and i know absolutely nothing about this.
First of all, my car is in my fathers name for the sake of my almost non-existant credit score. Im the co-signer and im still paying off the car with only one year to go. I know I need the title to the car in order to get the appropriate liscense plates in MI, however, my dads telling me that we dont receive the title until after the car is payed off? Im not sure if he's lying because ive been told that before by others but im pretty sure we shouldve received at least a temporary title.
On top of that, im guessing ill have to switch complete ownership to me. Where can i do that? Will it affect my payments? How much will it cost to change ownership of a vehicle?
Thanks for your time^^



Answer
1. Most all states do not issue a temp title anymore (less paperwork).

2. Since you will need a title file for a duplicate title before leaving.

3. Switching ownership will be something that you and your dad will need to discuss (big liability issues for your dad).

4. If you switch ownership then you will need to apply for credit and this will need to be okayed by the lien holder.

5. Yes your rates will increase because of your credit history.

6. Your insurance rates will also increase.

7. Part can be done at at the DMV and the loan portion can be done a the bank or credit union.

8. The costs for just the transfers will be in the area of around $500.00 to $1000.00 dollars depending the year, make and model of the vehicle.

How can someone change car ownership in CA?




Andy


Ok so this an issue I have. Last year December I had to pound my car and to take it out I had to come up with about 4,000 to take it out or lose it so I borrowed money from my current boss but came to an understanding that in 6 months I would repay him but then he cut my hours and made me sign a paper that said i had sold him the car for 4,000. At the time the paper just said the following I ..... sold this car to......for 4,000 dollars and car info.....without a date added. But after I signed it He added by Nov. i still have the pink slip but i'm afraid that if i don't pay him in full by the date He put I might lose my only way of transportation. My question is can he sell my car?
I had to pond the car due to financial house problems for my father. It wasn't my personal choice, the guy said that he wanted to help me and I Believed him unfortunately now hes saying he only wanted me to sign this paper because to scare my father into paying but I told him it was between me and him. It had nothing to do with my father. This just turned into an awful mess and I just don't want to loss what i worked for so long. =/



Answer
You need to get things in order in your life, for what ever reason you owe this guy, tell him NO he does not get the car, he cannot legally sell the car without the pink slip, you signing that paper will not help you later, but he may have to drag you into court and try to prove to the judge that its his car, when you tell the judge the real story, hewill look like a fool. However, what kind of guy is he, ?? does he do things by the law or not, you should know, you are working there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment