Saturday, July 20, 2013

Can someone give me a good checklist of things to do when I get into a car accident?

car info from number plate on Details of Hyundai i10 in India at redlineblog  Indian Car Reviews
car info from number plate image



Don' wanna


I just thought of an idea of writing it down and then keeping it with the insurance stuff in the car. I've never gotten in any accidents yet, so I don't know if I'll keep a clear head or go blank.

I got the general gist of things to do like exchanging contact info, insurance number, license plate, reporting to the collision center, but I just want to make sure.
@Engineer, while what you say is true, it's literally right out of a book advice that is good to keep in mind but not all that practical in more than one situation. While this is a bad example, it is an example that is also possible nonetheless. You're waiting for the lights with cars in front you, beside you but not behind you. So some idiot was talking on the phone or something and ends up hitting you. So what can this Pro Driving Instructor suggest we do? Leave a ton of space between our example car and the car in front? So hopefully that guy that is about to hit you can hit the brakes hard enough to not hit you? Well, too bad he isn't smart enough.



Answer
I think everyone else covered it very well. However the the action that needs to be on top of the list is to get as far away from the road. Some times you'll have a parking lot near by. If the accident is minor and the vehicle is operable dont get out drive to a safe location. That is the most important part. Exiting your vehicle on the roadway is very dangerious and being struck by another vehicle is a real concern!

How do I proceed with this car accident claim situation?




Michael Ki


I was in an accident. The cop told me the name of the guys insurance, but I forgot it. The guy put his info on a card but it's illegible except for his driver's license number and plate number. I've called a few so far without luck. So I think I need to get the police report.


Answer
Get the police report.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment