Sunday, August 4, 2013

What are the positives and negatives of transitional lenses?

car glass info on home philosophy motivation car repair shop body repair varnishing car
car glass info image



Taternuts


I am thinking about getting transitional lenses since I hate clip ons. I do wear contacts sometimes but mostly during the week I wear glasses. I need more info about the benefits & negatives of theses lenses. I know they do not work well in extreme heat but I live in PA and that is no problem. Also are they tinted when not in the sun? And do they work at all while driving?


Answer
I am an optician and I always try to talk my patients out of using these lenses. Unless you have an older car, they will not change in the sun. The windshield is UV treated and therefor the lenses will not change. You need direct sunlight. As for the lenses being tinted when not in the sun, if you were to place them on a white piece of paper you would notice a very lite tint. But there is not a tint that is noticeable while you are wearing them.

Now, I work in center city Philadelphia, and most people do not work out side. My uncle was a farmer for years and I did get him a set of these lenses. They were great for him!!

You mention that you hate clip ons. Have you tried the magnetic clip ons with polorized lenses? IF not you should. I have had great success fitting my patients with these. Ask your opticain about the Takumi or Revolution line of frames. The only complaint I have found about these clip ons are some people are very senitive to glare getting between the clips and the lenses. One sure way to solve this is to make sure that your RX lenses have a good anti-reflective coating on them like the crizal or alize brand, and also ask to have polorized lenses in your clip that have an anti-reflective coating on the back side of the lenses.

I hope this helps, let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

How much would it cost to modify the roof of my car to a glass roof?




Justin P


I went to a car show the other day and I saw this car that had its roof modified to a glass roof. it was dark on the top and transparent on the inside like a pair of sunglasses, it was tight work. I know the price would vary depending on the car but what would be a general estimate? Oh yea in case it helps I have an accord 2003 coupe. Any info helps. Thanks.


Answer
1500-3k




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment