Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Why is it when we see a car chase on the TV we are so compelled to watch it?

channel 3 news car crash on Capt Janks Pranks Bill Hemmer Megyn Kelly FOX News - Howard Stern.mp4 ...
channel 3 news car crash image
Q. Seriously Why??? I work at a resturant and during the lunch hour its turned onto the news channels such as FOX, NBC, CBS, CNN etc. The few times I've been working in the past couple months theres alsways someone who steals a car, breaks into a car, soemthing happens that turns into a car chase.

And i notice people are literally GLUED to th TV. They can't take the eyes off it. People all of a sudden are becoming friends and where there talking about: Is there someone in the car? Do they have a gun? Is it a man or women? How fast are they going? Where are they?

I don't knwo if theres some kind of psychological explanation or what but its just seems anywhere at home, at a friends house at a resturant a car chase no matter what your age is 10, 18, 27, 45, 67 any age man or women you love to wtach a car drive on a freeway for 3 hours until the very very end where usally they get out of the car and give up.

Any input would be great, I've just been curious for a while.


Answer
Its like Nascar; round and round and round. just waiting for a crash...

What TV shows do you like to watch or usually watch everyday?




Jon W


I know everybody likes to watch certain TV shows or sitcoms everyday. Every individual watches something different compared to others. I'd like to know what most people watch these days.

It could be anything from the news, cartoons like the simpsons and family guy, MTV shows, discovery channel or animal planet, reality shows, the list goes on and on. Just list the ones YOU like to watch, in which it sort of feels like a routine everyday thing (assuming you don't spend all your days working and having no time for TV anymore).

Here's mine: When I wake up, I usually watch some news, then later watch First Take on ESPN or other sport shows, I like to watch shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Everybody Loves Raymond, Around the Horn and PTI. Sometimes I turn to the Discovery Channel to watch the shows like "How's its Made" and Man vs. Wild. At night I like to watch shows on TRU TV like Forensic Files and Amazing Videos (car chases and crashes are cool), or if I want to fall asleep I watch the shows on animal planet then just snooze off. I don't like reality shows (sooo played out), so ignore them altogether, well unless there's a hot girl on there I might watch it for a minute or so =). Well that's me, what about you?



Answer
2-6am- adult swim
6-7am- Angel
go to school, then come home
2:30-3pm- Law & Order or Just Shoot Me
3-4pm- Yes, Dear
4-6pm Charmed
from 6 pm and so forth I pick random shows to watch




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment