Friday, August 9, 2013

What is the best sedan for carrying a child?

car info msn on break dancing,people dancing,street dancing,ballroom dancing,disco ...
car info msn image



V K


What is the best, safest, economical sedan for carrying a child? Looking for a car 10K to 15K price range. We already have SUV for my wife. I need a safe sedan to commute 20 miles to work and occasionally carry a child in sedan. I prefer the car with all the most current air bag technology. I need the car for driving in Washington, DC area.


Answer
In the 10K to 15K price range, look into the Hyundai Elantra or Hyundai Sonata. The Elantra is the compact sedan and the Sonata is the family-sized sedan. Both cars have 4 and 5 star crash ratings, according to MSN Autos which gets its info from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Find out more about the cars at http://www.hyundaiusa.com/

The website lists MSRPs as a little higher, but check with dealers. I live in New York where prices are probably quite similar to the DC area and I see newspapers advertising Elantras starting around 10K and Sonatas around 13-15K.

My friend has an Elantra and it's definitely a comfortable car with regards to the cabin, controls, and passenger experience.

Just as a personal note from me to you, you might notice that subcompacts are inexpensive and fuel-efficient, but if I were you I wouldn't get one since you'll be carrying a child and very small cars don't hold up well when they are hit by very big cars.

where can i find info on car auctions?




diego


I live in San jose and would like to attend car auctions or online too. I need sources please. Thanks.


Answer
Hi:
When my dad was a dealer I worked as his 'DMV Clerk' and bookkeeper and also attended auctions with him in Hayward (forget the name but you can see the car lot from 880 right North of Whipple) and Tracy (Golden Gate right off of 205 to the West of Tracy).

But these are for licensed dealers only. You can not get in or bid without being a licensed car dealer or an employee. That requires having a display area, bond, some classes and other requirements.

We sometimes went to public 'open' auctions but did not buy that many units because either the pricing was too high or too much work required to restore.

For private party, the best deal is Internet sites on Yahoo or MSN, Craig's List or the newspaper. Auctions are fast paced and really hyped up. They are not a good place to buy cars for most non-dealers.

Take your time, check carefully, look for oil leaks underneath with a flashlight (ha ha, that was sometimes my job). Know what you are buying to estimate reconditioning costs.
Good Luck,
Jin Ju




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment