Thursday, August 8, 2013

What is the difference between crazy cat ladies and crazy pig ladies?

cat lady news on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises: Pictures : People ...
cat lady news image



daisy


This lady, and she's young, keeps 40 pigs in her house. Isn't there a law or something?
I would provide a news video of this, but it would be deleted.


* Yahoo mail is completely scrapped for me tonight, so I may as well ask a question.
Anyone else having email problems?
.
It is not my computer. Go into Answers- Mail category and see the endless complaint questions. Like all their other efforts, not all are being worked on at the same time.



Answer
I've had no problems at all with my email.

As for the crazy ladies, it might interest you to know that pigs given half a chance, are one of the cleanest animals in the world. That is a fact. While cats on the other hand carry more diseases than the majority. Therefore my answer would have to be that the pig lady is the smarter of the two.

Breeding pure bred cats and dogs whats your opinion?




Meow


I have found that for some reason people think that breeding purebred cats , for the purpose of showing and enhancing the breed is almost a crime but breeding dogs for the same purpose is ok , I am curious about the ratio please post your opnions = ) .
darla only bad breeders can live off of an income from breeding animals. Breeding animals that are healthy happy and conform to breed standards is very expensive and in my experiance costs way more then any income you might make from selling a kitten, vet care, registry fees, show fees , travel , good quality food etc make for an expensive hobby



Answer
Many of the answers, so far, include valid points.

As a breeder of pedigreed cats myself, I have never had anyone challenge me on my motives or ethics. However, a few people have assumed that all of this work that I do with and for my cats and my breed is a "business". It isn't. I don't profit. It is a VERY expensive hobby.

Unfortunately there are a very few people out there who's actions as breeders ruin the reputation of the fancy for all of us. They are either motivated by money, cut corners and care very little about the health or well-being of their animals, or they have too many cats in comparison with the time, money and other resources available to them.

Raising cats, unlike dogs, has two challenges.

First, some cats need to be bred more than once a year; they are prolific producers and a cat's health may be at stake if she has too many unbred heats. Therefore, its very easy to have too many cats at a time if you don't have a waiting list of forever homes. If those cats get sick, a breeder often must treat every cat in the house/cattery at tremendous cost. It can get out of hand if one is not prepared physically and financially to care for many cats at once.

Second, raising cats can be very isolating. Dogs spend a lot of time outside. Pedigreed cats, typically, are indoor-only animals. For me, as someone who also has a job outside of the home, I do little more than work at my job and then work at home to do either housework or care for the animals. I don't get out much. I can't just meet up with a friend and take our pets for a walk. I don't see my friends and family who don't like my cats. The fancy seems to attract introverted people and often people who are loners stick with it; the extroverts don't, in my experience. Not that there is anything wrong with being quiet, shy or introverted, however these people and what they do are often misunderstood. Unfortunately the fancy also attracts what seems to be a number of self-isolating people with mental health problems; they prefer cats to people.

I think these two reasons contribute to the image of "crazy cat ladies". I am a self-declared sane and ethical cat lady... but there are some days I do come close to the edge. LOL I am an extrovert and I do think you MUST be crazy to go through what we do for the cats and not profit. Crazy for cats or crazy for... ? LOL

The one thing I promise to myself, my family and my cats is that we'll never end up on the news for being dirty or over-run. I think its upto the breeders in the fancy to educate others about what we do and why and how it should be done propperly.

That's part of the reason why I post here. I also love talking about cats and learning, too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment