Monday, March 24, 2014

need help.. am I SOL on this?




kya


So... I was putting oil in my car today after work, and I apperently forgot to put the oil cap back on, because when I got hoome my car was smoking, there was oil spewed everywhere and a missing oil cap. My question is...

the only thing I could find that kind of fit over it was an aluminum cookie cutter. is that safe to drive until I get a repacement, or will something bad happen if I try it?

can I continue dirving WITHOUT an oil cap or anything over that, or is that unsafe?

Also, my car is pretty old, its a geo prizm. Do they still make oil caps to fit it? if so where can I get opne?



Answer
I got good news and bad news for you,
Good news is your engine is not going to get ruined. The reason your car is smoking like that is because oil is shooting and sputtering out of the valve cover, and its going all over the hot engine and smoking.
Bad news is your loosing vaccume pressure in your valve cover. So you want to get it replaced soon as you get a chance.
As long as nothing falls in there you will be ok. So if you can temporarily tape it off or cover it for now that would be a good idea.
And it dont matter how old your car is you shoulnt have trouble finding a replacement oil cap.
Any auto store should either have one in stock or be able to get you one such as- autozone, checker auto, napa, carquest, or even somewhere on the internet like ebay.

Other 14 races for Kahne in 2012?




HurriKahne


I think GoDaddy.com is jumping ship from the #5 in 2012 to go with Danica. If I had to choose, I think that Unilever might jump up from Nationwide in Jr's cars, considering they are already almost with Hendrick, and Kahne has worked with them before.

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2006/news/business/10/24/unilever_marketing/biz.384.jpg---Kahne in 2008

FYI, Unilever is the brand that makes Ragu, Hellman's, Snuggle, Vitamin Water, Degree Deodorant

My other possibilities are Burger King, Taxslayer, and Mountain Dew (another Kahne former sponsor)

So what about you guys?



Answer
I think Quaker State and Carquest will return for some races again next season since they already sponsor it as it is. Carquest has stayed with the #5 through 3 different drivers, I don't see a reason why they won't sponsor the 4th driver.

I like the idea of Mountain Dew sponsoring Kahne again. His #9 Mountain Dew paint schemes were some of the coolest ones I've ever seen.

I don't see Unilever leaving the #88 in nationwide, and Taxslayer doesn't have the money to sponsor a mainstream Cup car, both of those sponsors will rather stick to Dale Jr.'s Nationwide Car.

And Burger King will probably stay with the #14.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment