Thursday, July 25, 2013

How to describe a car with a diffrent Year of motor?

car newspaper ads on ... page of the Automotive News, a Detroit-based newspaper and website
car newspaper ads image



Russian_ST


Ok i have a 97 honda prelude. The thing is that i bought just the the car with nothing in there (no engine, tranny, interior) and they titel states thats its a 97. I put in everything from a 2001 honda prelude in it (tranny, engine, interior) so the body has like 115k miles but the engine has 49k

i am now planning on selling the car because i joined the military and leaving next month for training. how would i describe this in the newspaper ad. could i say thats its a 2001?



Answer
I have a 1960 bus with a 1976 engine in it and that's just how I describe it. I would suggest you advertise the car as a 1997 Prelude with a 2001 engine, tranny, and interior.

P.S. Good luck in the military and thanks for volunteering to protect all of our freedom.

How do I get a car registered which has no papers/plates and has sat for years?




John H


I responded to a newspaper ad recently and bought a 1971 vw beetle. The car had no plates and no paperwork that I could find. There were several telltale signs that the car had sat a number of years, but I understood it to be a project. The seller said he had originally bought it at auction with the intent of using its (good) engine for a sand rail dune buggy, but that like many other good plans requires time. Once paid for, I was provided no bill of sale which I feel I was owed. It was as if the seller felt that since he had let the car go very cheap, that he owed no person any more, and if he did, he should've either charged more or wrecked it instead. Like he could have gone to the trouble but would be put out for something extraneous. The seller has a shop in an easy to find location, so it is not as if I cannot find him, and he doesn't appear to be trying to hide, hes just a strangely irritable and crotchety person.


Answer
take the VIN number and see if you can file for either a lost title or a salvage title. Good luck, VW bugs, the old ones, are my dream car, I will have one some day.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment