Monday, July 22, 2013

What is an example of an illegal car mod?

car news report on Ryan Dunn Car Crash Photos Depict Speed at Impact: Cops
car news report image



mustangcra


I was watching a local news report on street racing and the cops found a bunch of different street racers were illegal car mods. Can you give me a few examples? I cannot even guess what would be illegal and why?


Answer
Each state is so different then others. Have to check your local laws but can be but not limited to

No catalic converter(s)
To loud exaust
Removing Smog pumps
Car to low to the ground
Lights under the car while driving
Neon rings around the headlights
Neon lights inside while driving
Running Nos on the street
Not using DOT approved tires OR Rims

List can go on and on

What type of Power of Attorney is standard or acceptable for a car loan?




Geek with


I am refinancing a car loan. The lender is requiring me to sign a Power of Attorney that allows full unrestricted rights to sell the car and collect the proceeds without any stipulations. I don't recall ever signing something so broad before when getting a car loan (but this is the first time I have tried to refinance). I attempted to at least write a note on the document that stipulated the purpose of the POA (i.e. did not change the the rights granted but at least documented the reason for it). They rejected that and want a new one that gives them unrestricted rights.

Is that standard thing (I live in Texas)? This is a reputable company, one we have borrowed from before. Can somebody point me to some authoritative reference that describes what is standard and non-standard for this type of loan? I don't want to be paranoid but we have all heard the news reports of "reputable" companies doing unscrupulous things when borrowers were least expecting it.

Thanks in advance.



Answer
Basically, they could just sell the car out from under you without any notice, even if you're still making your payments on time? I'm not sure if it's standard, but I would not sign that...

I'd look into selling the car and buying something cheaper.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment