Monday, July 22, 2013

Why are my car insurance quotes changing?

no info car insurance quote on New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Values & Car Prices - Kelley Blue Book
no info car insurance quote image



Tim G


I shopped for car insurance yesterday. Today I could not remember if I I forgot a company, so I did them all again because I was bored, all of my quotes went up with some, went down with others. I double checked and I didn't change any info. So I did 3 companies within 10 minutes of each other, and they changed again! I think they pull quotes out of a hat.


Answer
There are a lot of reasons a quote can change. If you put in just 1 small detail different, it can change your quote.

Also, some companies give an advance quote which can make your quote go down (ex: if u do quote today, but don't purchase for 7 to 10 days)

Your insurance score (somewhat like a credit report) can change making your rate different.

Not answering all the questions the same can make the rate change.

Some companies give discounts if you pay in full or EFT through your checking account.

So in other words, you have to put the information in EXACTLY as you did the first time. As long as your insurance score did not change, ur rates should be pretty close to your original quotes. Insurance scores don't usually change within 10 minutes, so my guess is you input something slightly different then you did the first time.

Why is there a huge difference in insurance quotes if all info is the same?




skyblue


I'm shopping around for insurance quotes because I thought my car insurance was too high. Progressive gave me a very low quote, which I was happy about. It was what I thought I should be paying compared to friends I've talked with. All the other quotes from the other insurance companies were in the same price range and very high. I began to worry that Progressive had some incorrect info, so I called them back, we went over all the info again, and everything is right. They even emailed my quote to me and it's all correct. Should I be worried that the quote is so low or is Progressive just being competetive?


Answer
Doesn't matter. If they take your money and write you a policy (and don't say OOPS three days later) you should be fine.
You could just be falling into a specific underwriting model that Progressive uses. Count your luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment