Sunday, September 29, 2013

How do you protect a toddler during a tornado?

car news top speed on ... , agile, elegant  these are the top 10 most powerful cars in 2013
car news top speed image



Bethanie


With all of the recent tornados that have occurred it has been making me think about how I should protect myself and my toddler in a tornado. We live in an apt. complex and are on the 2nd floor. I believe the safest place in my apt. is the bathroom or the closet. I am just wondering that if you are in the bathtub with a mattress pulled over the two of you, how should you be positioned in the tub? Should I be on top of my toddler, I am just wondering. If so, how would I hold my mattress and him at the same time. I have also read that the safest place for little kids is in a car seat. I am just trying to clear up what's factual and what is not. I also live about 8 minutes for a hospital. Would it be safer for me to drive to a hospital and get into the ground floor. I know it's a lot of questions but I am just wondering what's the best thing to do if you dont' have a shelter


Answer
If you are in a multi-level apartment complex, get to the lowest floor and into an interior area or room. This could be a hallway, bathroom, closet, or any other interior room. Take plenty of water, blankets, pillows, any special items your toddler needs such as diapers, medicine, something like a toy bear or stuffed animal to help keep him/her calm. Get as low as possible. Sit and hold your child in a manner where you have a good hold and where your arms/hands can protect their body.

If you can not get to a sturdier shelter, The National Weather Service states to find a low ditch or culvert and lay flat as can be face down if no other shelter can be found. This would be a last resort action. Do not try to outrun a tornado in a vehicle. Some tornadoes have been known to travel up to 70MPH. If caught in a vehicle, do not seek shelter under a highway overpass. Wind speeds are actually sped up through the overpasses.

You can keep alert by watching or listening to local news. Can also listen to NOAA weather radio. These radios alert you of any watches or warnings issued for your area. They can be purchased at almost any department store.

Does it seem ridiculous that the SSC Ultimate Aero and the Bugatti Veyron have never had a head to head race?




twangler


Does it seem ridiculous that the SSC Ultimate Aero and the Bugatti Veyron have never had a head to head race?
I've tried to find anything that documents these two super cars going head to head. They are the two fastest production cars in the world but they are too chicken **** to actually get on a track to see who is faster. Why?



Answer
When a car is designed for top speed, it tends to be very compromised in other performance areas. So the real answer here is that while it might be "interesting," it would hardly be good news for either company to head out to a contest where there would really be no winner (ie, even the car that was faster would still be on record as being much slower than many other cars, which were actually designed with such performance in mind rather than simply top speed).

From all runs by either car on track, they show good/decent pace, but are easily outdone by many competitors (Porsche's Turbo, GT2, and GT3; Ferrari 458, 599, and Enzo; Mercedes AMG SLS and McLaren SLR; Nissan GTR; Koenigsegg CCR and CCX; Corvette ZR1...).

Both cars are quite amazing for what they are, and they do quite well in terms of laps time (at least in limited running) considering how compromised they are... but in the end, they simply aren't made for that (and such a contest would only make that clearer).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment