Thursday, October 3, 2013

What cars could I do a hybrid engine swap?

car info stands on Painting and Coating Workers : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S ...
car info stands image



Seth


OK!!! So, for my first car I wanted an import but my dad wanted me to have a good american built car... So the solution I thought of was, why not put an american engine/parts in an import?? I just need to know what cars would work. I will probably be putting a 350 small block or LS1 in, but I need to know what cars will work. I like the toyota supra and similar styles. Thanks!


Answer
Pardon me for not answering the question straight up, but I think that you might want to rethink your plan first. From what I hear, this would be your first car. Therefore, I'm assuming you might not have all that much experience working on cars. A complete engine and transmission swap, including the fabrication of motor and transmission mounts is a very big project.

For my first car, I myself wanted a big project and bought myself a 1988 toyota supra turbo. I was planning on stripping the motor bay down and putting the engine back in, with new seals, gaskets and belts. For the first summer of it, it was all fun, but then it got kind of dissapointing to have fresh driving licence, a car, but that wouldn't run. I did regret starting on such a huge project and gave up on it. I instead bought a new toyota supra, that I could take for a spin.

All that being said, you simply need to realise that it's going to take a long time to do the swap, and you might want to have a car that you can drive (on top of the fact that the Supra is amazing to drive). Now, if your dad wants you to have an american car, maybe he has more experience working on them. And someone to help you out with your project is really something to value. Learning all by yourself takes 3X longer, and you might not get the car running in the end.

You could choose to simply take a car and not do any motor swapping at all, just upgrade the car you have. I know it won't be as special and custom, but you can pick a car that stands out even when stock (the supra does). I personally have put numbers of upgrades onto my car, but the good part is that they are all small projects coming one after the other. This way, the car doesn't stay undriven for a whole summer and I still feel like that the car is unique.

Now, if all that hasn't convinced you, i have seen people put small blocks in quite a few imports. Remember that you will be mixing up imperial and metric mesures in the same car if you do so. Nothing will fit, it's a lot of customisation. However, below are some examples:

**Toyota Supra**
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/13356-oh-no-he-isnt-oh-yes-i-am.html

**Nissan 300zx**
http://www.motorswaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67

**Infiniti G35**
http://driftemporium.com/G35TitanV8.htm

For more models, basically type the name of the car you like and V8 in google. Someone has done it.

what is the best way to trace skips in the car business?




elcheco


I am interested to know what is the most effective way to trace down skips who skips their car notes besides the gps device systems, tell me what your experience is in this matter and any and all tips are very welcome. Thanks.
And I mean how I can do it myself, as a finance manager I even have access to credit reports but once they skip the address is not updated therefore the car can not be found and they become a skip.



Answer
Nothing beats the good, old school skip tracing methods. First of all, for any of this to be effective, you must have obtained the proper information from the skip, at the time the loan was originated. Things like former addresses, bank account info, personal references, especially parents or grandparents if available. Of all the information, nothing is as valuable as the personal references. If you can't talk to them by phone, drive to their homes and interview them in person. Send an empty envelope to the last good address, under your return address write "address service requested" this way if there is a forwarding on file, you will get the new address back on the envelope when it is returned. Go to their last know place of employment and ask if anyone knows them. Interview everyone that is willing to speak to you. It is just good old leg work, and phone work that will lead you to the results. I've been doing this for 20 years and it is very rare that anyone can escape my bloodhound instincts. Good luck and happy hunting. Oh, there are skip trace services, and repo companies that do skip tracing too but I have never needed to rely on them. I can't remember the one that stood out the most as I looked at them but their motto was "putting Americans back on their feet"!! I loved it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment