Monday, December 9, 2013

Is it better to buy a vehicle from a dealer or a private seller?

car info for women on BE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT TIME! This poster intended for navigation ...
car info for women image



Brae82


I am going to be purchasing a car on the 3rd of April. I always thought it was better to buy from a dealership, but I'm now hearing that it might be better to buy from a private seller... How is that possible? Lol! I am so confused. This is my first time buying a car, so any info would be amazing.

Thank you!



Answer
There is a lot to buying a good car at a good price. Dealers will charge a lot more for the same car, and will try to take advantage of you. On the private seller side, you need to assure the title is clean, documentation is place, and if they have a loan, how it gets paid off without you putting up the money. You need to have a car inspected in detail by a trusted independent mechanic to try to find anything wrong with the car and use
http://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/
If you need a loan, it is certainly easier at a dealer, but you are sure to pay top dollar in finance rates, and your best bet is buying for cash if at all possible. Those that can't buy for cash get sucked into a life of debt and on any car with financing, you cannot sell the car without paying it off, and you must keep collision insurance even with an inexpensive car and that could cost a lot. You often cannot trust craigslist entries in private sales, so you need to be very wary. A good and smart and knowledgeable shopper gets by far the best deal. Despite the days of equality among the sexes, car dealers are still hawks about selling cars to unsuspecting women more interested in how pretty it is than what its condition or value is about. Check the car out at US NEWS, MSN Auto, and Yahoo Auto to see reviews, reliability, safety ratings for the car.
Adding: The key is not whether it is a dealer or private seller. It is about whether you are smart enough in the transaction and negotiating. If you can't do it, find a trusted person to go with you.

What do I have to do if someone uses my name to buy a car?




PVCH


An employee of National Auto Recovery Bureau came over my place tying to get back a car I did buy. He had my name and address. I checked my credit record from the three bureau and I do not have any account with Capital One) where the loan was made. I called Capital One and they do not have records on me. Whoever stole my name does not have my Social Security Number, but my name is still in an account I did not open. Could you help me, please?


Answer
Call the recovery company to get all the info they have and tell them you will try to help them find the person. This happened to my brother. A woman acted like she was married to him and opened a checking account with his last name and his address. Track down any addresses used by this person. Check for them at www.ZABASEARCH.com. Probably nothing will happen. You can put a freeze on your credit but it will cost you $60. Call Equifax 800-685-1111 about the freeze..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment