Friday, January 24, 2014

Is there a way to find the chassis number of a vehicle from the VIN?

car information by vin on 2009 Changan Alsvin specifications, information, data, photos 256674
car information by vin image



jhor_10


Are VIN and chassis number the same thing? If they are different, is there way to find that information (chass #) from VIN? If my VIN of Lexus SC400 is JT8CH32Y1X1002868, CAN anyone tell me the chassis number? As far as I know, the last 6 digit of VIN is unique, but the chassis number could be common to a type or model of a car.


Answer
The last set of six numbers on a VIN refers to the sequential number of production, ie xxxxxxxxxxx100001 will be the first production where this # xxxxxxxxxxx109271 will be the 9271th produced. Isn't the Lexus SC400 a unibody? If so then it would have what is called a Subframe. Typically, on the passenger cabin there will be a number stamp on the newer vehicles.

Possible to get a copy of car title in a different state?




Bob


I'm trying to salvage my car (as it no longer run) and need a copy of my car's title. The vehicle is registered in a different state that I am in, is it still possible to get a copy of that title at my local DMV, provide I have all the required information (ID, ownership, VIN, plate number)?
Is it possible to obtain said car title in the same day?



Answer
No and No. The only place you can get a copy of your car's title is from the motor vehicle department in the state where the title is recorded. Even if you were to travel there and submit a request for a copy in person, you won't get it the same day. It takes 2-3 weeks for the system to generate and mail out a copy of a lost title.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment