Thursday, January 23, 2014

Will you give up your car to save on gas money?

car news blogspot on Sports Concept car at the Tokyo Auto Salon. The engine of the car ...
car news blogspot image



farquark


I was reading a blog today where the writer is planning to give up her car and do her local errands (shopping, etc.) by bicycle. And she has 3 kids! (at midwestmoms.blogspot.com)

What I want to know is, how much higher to gas prices have to go before people will be priced out of using their vehicles? Would commuting or errands by bike be something you would consider?



Answer
It depends on how much you are sinking financially and how much you need the car.
Even though i am in the city , the current gas prices is not discouraging ,me from getting my car soon. The time being wasted at the bus stations and subway is no longer worth it.
A 10-15mins drive takes me 1hr or more by bus and subway when you add wait times at these stations. this is time that could have been spent doing something else.
I am sure if we examined our current lifestyle we will find somewhere we could cut some spending to divert it to gas.
For me i plan to start with my cable. I think regular TV is just enough. that is some $40 monthly savings for me( good gas money).
For one year since i got my cable i have watched nothing but news and regular TV on it so why continue to pay for it?
So look for your opportunity cost and do not be afraid to go take that step!!!!!

How can I find out current metal (for scrap CARS) prices?




e e in cal


I want to know what website I can use to see the current metal (that is paid for scrap CARS specifically) prices per ton. I scrapped a car a few months back and I want to know how much I can expect for the weight of the scrap vehicle I am bring in. A website would be very, very HELPFUL. Thanks in advance


Answer
To find of prices of current scrap metal go to website "Demolition, Scrap Metal and Salvage News" http://www.demolition1.blogspot.com

for specific answer for car scrap value go to post http://demolition1.blogspot.com/2006/07/scrap-steel-iron-spot-market-metal.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment