Saturday, January 25, 2014

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly?

cat lady news on ... the family cat to wear it s blood to a lady gaga concert a lady gaga
cat lady news image



The Patrio


http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7531221.stm
A group of scientists want to release an insect found in Japan to deal with Japanese knotweed.

Do not get me wrong, I think it is a good idea to get rid of it, but I get the feeling that introducing another 'alien' to the UK will not be a good thing. Anyone agree or disagree?



Answer
Oh my gosh.. They did that in Australia with toads from south America to kill the sugarcane beetle.. which it did but the blasted toad multiplied so quickly . They kill our native animals, who eat it and die from the poison itn the toads glands, dogs and cats etc, now it is legal here to kill the dam things with a wallop with a cricket bat..

What are the little orange ladybug looking things?




lilylady20


Are they ladybugs, or some other sort of bug? I know ladybugs are bright red, but these are orange. Any tips to keep them out? Also, are they poisonous (like being eaten)? If my cats see ANYTHING moving their first thought is "it must be food!", so how diligent to I need to be?
Yikes. I really don't like bugs.
To the person who said to keep my cats inside - well I don't really have much choice but to keep them inside as I'm in an apartment, the problem would be the bugs INSIDE the apartment! I really hate bugs.



Answer
These are asian beetles, they won't harm you. Occansionaly they bite and when squished they stink. I live in MN and we get them bad in the fall, I spray my house outside with bleach/water mixture. I use a hose with one of them bottles you can attach. It helps the most. The other thing is vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Wish there was more but not alot you can do.

here is an article of interest ~ also google Asian Beetles

Those Nasty Asian Lady Beetles!
What can I do about the hundreds of Asian lady beetles that invaded my home last fall? This is a question many Minnesotans have posed and the answer is remove them with a vacuum cleaner. Unfortunately, as they are being sucked up and crushed, they emit an unpleasant odor that may linger inside the vacuum. To prevent this odor problem place a cup-shaped gauze or nylon trap near the end of the vacuum hose, then clean out the gauze traps and dispose of the trapped beetles. Composting is a good idea.

Asian lady beetle populations are increasing in Minnesota because this species presently has no known natural enemies to control its numbers. The worst news is that they are replacing other species of lady beetles that are native to Minnesota.

Will these beetles invade my house next fall? The answer is possibly. To reduce the possibility of another invasion this fall, seal cracks and openings around windows, doors, siding and utility pipes with caulk. Install door sweeps on thresholds at the base of entry doors and repair damaged window and door screens. Installing a screen behind the attic vent will keep the bats out, too.

Hope that helps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment