Friday, January 24, 2014

How many people died in the philipines from guns being taken away?

car news philippines on 2007 Isuzu DMAX 4x2 LT Manual Transmission is the base model of the ...
car news philippines image



Patrick St


In the Philippines I believe it was Ferdinand Marcos who declared martial law and made himself a dictator, And the first thing he did was, He gave the Philippines two weeks to turn in there guns or it was the death penalty. How many people died from not turning in there guns?


Answer
The Philippine Constitution and way of life is based on ours, as we were allies in WW2 and we occupied them into the 90s. For his first 2 terms as President, Marcos was a moderate. When his days were closing and his 2nd term was coming to an end, he set-up a car bombing, and blamed it on the communists, so he could claim "emergency powers" and remain in office. Shortly after, he declared himself dictator and made ppl register all firearms, he said tracing the serial numbers would prevent crime. Then when ppl simmered down, he knew who had what and where, so he said, "Why not just turn them all in?"

Millions of ppl perished due to hesitancy to turn in their firearms.

Fox News lover- the Philippine population, at the time of Marcos's reign, was only about 30 million. The Philippines is about the size of Japan or the state of Florida.

what happens when u hit over someone with a car and killed that person accidentally?




stardust


If u were an expat in the philippines, and because it is a bit hard to drive around Manila because there is no discipline, and u accidentally ran over someone with ur car and killed the person? what is the worst penalty?
Do u go to prison even if the car is insurance covered?



Answer
Honestly, my friend, you dont wanna know what happens when you kill a person accidentally. I've been through this once, though not in the Philippines.

I'll describe my experience. It was around 11am on September 14, 1996 and was driving at 100kmp on a 120kmph road. This guy appeared out of nowhere, apparently trying to run across the road. I applied brakes with all strength I had and some instinct made me pull the handbrake. Too late...I had already hit the poor guy, whose body was flung for about 20- 30 metres by the impact.

I rushed out of the car and found him lifeless, even as other motorists stopped to help. The cops and an ambulance arrived within 5 minutes from the impact and a paramedic told me the gloomy news...that the guy was dead.

The cops did a "technical arrest' which means, I had to go with them to the police station. I was given a breathalyzer test to check whether I was drunk, which I wasnt. I was made to sit in the police station, luckily not the jail, for a couple of hours and later, produced before a public prosecutor. Paid the equivalent of $500 for bail.

The cops would call me often during their investigations and there were several visits to the civil court. Finally, the verdict was to pay compensation to the victim...which was done by my car's insurers. Above that, I had to pay the equivalent of US$10,000 as immediate relief to the victim's family, whom I thankfully never met.

Money and hassles apart....killing somebody unintentionally leaves a horrible scar on the mind. I needed counselling from a shrink for nearly a year, had frequent nightmares and was unable to drive for about six months since that day. I sold that car too. The frequent questioning by cops, the thought that I killed the bread winner of a family....were TOO MUCH to live with.

I was never a reckless driver but since that experience, I am over cautious.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment