Sunday, March 9, 2014

1987 Camaro iroc-z ?s?




Eric


I am looking at going to look at a 1987 Camaro Iroc-z in a few days so i have a question with the following mods how much hp and torque will it have?
Completely Rebuilt 350 -- 4.92 Cam With New Lifters -- New Chevy Vortec Heads -- Edelbrock Carbs -- 342 Posi Rear -- Automatic Trans With Shift Kit
That is the only info I do not know what size carb or what type of shift kit or what it is set at.
Stock it was a 350 TPI engine with: 225 hp @ 4400 and 330ftlb @ 2800
But now as you can see it has a carb and other mods and is not stock.



Answer
Wow, alot of bad info given here.

1) There is no such thing as a stock Iroc 350 engine with a carb.
The Iroc option started in 1985. 1986 was 1st year for 350 in the third gen cars. The 350 ONLY came with a TPI (tune port injection) system
The 85-87 camaro Iroc 305 v8 cars had a 4bbl carb, with option of
tbi or tpi for some of those years.

The "492" cam is only telling use the lift, not duration or LSA, but most mild built 350's with vortec heads are in the 300-350 HP range, with some pushing 380-420 HP

Given the info we have, I would guess about 350 HP on that one.

I also do not understand the POS comment. I have owned many third gens over the years and have NOT found that to be true. I have owned...
1982 firebird
1984 camaro
1984 camaro
1984 camaro Z28
1986 camaro
1988 camaro RS
1991 camaro

Information on vintage Z Cars?




Rally_Fan


Hey all, I'm curious about a type of vintage vehicle that we all know and love. Recently my car was stolen and trashed in a joyride, and the insurance payout has finally come.
While I have a motorcycle and can get around easily, I live in the Chicago area and its not practical at all, so a car is needed, preferably a sporty one.

An idea popped into my head not too long ago about what car I should get. I used to own a 92 300ZX Turbo, and I absolutely loved that car before it died. After doing a bit of research and looking around car shows I have come to the conclusion I want one of the original Datsun/Nissan Z cars before they morphed into ZXs.

So my question is this: which year would you guys recommend? How many are there out there in good condition, what problems should I look for above what normal problems a car made in the late 60s or early 70s would have? Anything would be helpful.

Thanks!



Answer
The most desirable generation of the S30s would be the 240z (mostly the '70s one).

Just remember that the farther you go back, the harder it ill be to find a clean chassis.

I original wanted a 240z but I can across a 280z that I just couldn't past up. The frame is ultimately almost the same, except the metal bumpers (yuck!). I'm converting the bumpers on the 280z to resemble the 240z right now.

If you want to get an S30 chances are that you will have to have search long and hard for a good deal on a clean almost rust free chassis. Rust is your enemy. You can always get a motor for the car, but rust is something you want to avoid.

Check out classiczcars.com and hybridz.org for a bunch of info on the S30. You may even find your Z there :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment