Monday, April 28, 2014

car mechanics info?




Millbrook1


I want some stuff to read up on bout fixin up cars


Answer
I have been teaching myself mechanics by finding cheap/free old cars and buying repair manuals for each. Experience is the best way, even better than taking courses I hear. I buy Haynes manuals.

Also, If u are wanting to get a general idea of mechanics, you could start on simpler motors like lawnmowers, chainsaws, and small engines. Working on small motors helps you to get a really clear understanding of the basics without needing to wade through the electronics and add-ons found in almost every car or truck. Try to find a small engines repair shop that has a lawnmower graveyard, sometimes they will give you a truckload of dead motors for free.
- I started with a $10 lawnmower and a Haynes small engine repair manual.

Car CD Player...Wiring problems??




Mel


Just tried hooking up a new cd player in my ride. I can hear the radio fine but, when i put in a CD...I dont hear nothing.


Answer
I need more info...like what make and model of the vehicle and the make and model of the CD player. 13 years car electronics experience tells me you have a factory amplifier in the vehicle somewhere. If you have the blue wire off the back of your new CD player to a wire in the dash....take a look and see if the CD player you have has a blue/white wire. If it does have the blue/white striped wire.....switch the 2 wires. Most aftermarket radios have 2 wires
1 blue wire...used for power antenna activation
1 blue/white stripe...... used for amplifier turn-on
when you switch sources from radio to CD...the head unit turns off the blue power antenna wire(which...if you have it hooked up to a factory amplifier will turn off the factory amplifier and kill your sound!)....$100 says that's the best answer..and the right one




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment