Monday, April 28, 2014

need help with translating this to spanish?

Q. my spanish teacher says we cant use translators so can u help plez.

this is channel 5, breaking news. a hurricane has hit in Guatemala this afternoon at around 3:05. the streets are flooded up to 14 inches. in areas further from the coast it has caused car accidents and the animals are going crazy. lets's now go with Danielle Moreno and Maria Sandoval.

we are here now. the flooding is so bad that it has covered some of the roof tops. cars are floating by, along with branches and tree linbs. animals are crying for their owners. the electrical wires have fallen off their supports and are endangering the people around them.

the paramedics have been trying to rech the injured people. they are using boats and any other vehicles they can. however, some streets are blocked by branches and are keeping them from getting to people. but many have already been saved. and now back to you guys in the news room.
vanessa first person to answer um if u check this again i have another thing to be translated if you can do it plez http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuM.UV7ExIgwjsFpCl2CWgPsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100325191541AAU7HBv


Answer
Este es el canal 5, últimas noticias. Un huracán golpeó a Guatemala esta tarde a las 3:05 aproximadamente. Las calles están inundadas por 14 pulgadas de agua. En áreas alejadas de la costa ha causado accidentes de carros y los animales se están volviendo locos. Ahora vamos con Danielle Moreno y María Sandoval.

Ya estamos aquí. La inundación es tan grave que ha cubierto algunos de los techos de las casas. Los carros están flotando por doquier, los animales están llorando por sus dueños. Los cables eléctricos se han caído y sus soportes están poniendo en peligro a la gente al rededor de ellos.

Los para médicos han estado tratando de rescatar a los heridos. Están usando botes y cualquier otro vehículo que puedan. sin embargo, algunas calles están bloqueadas por las ramas y les impiden ir por la gente lastimada pero muchos ya han sido salvados. Ahora volvemos con ustedes en el salón de las noticias.

How to get a fair sentencing in the drunk driving accident that killed brother and childhood friend!?




BBallisLif


About a year and a half ago, my brother and a childhood friend were killed in a drunk driving accident by a man whose blood alcohol level was .222. Almost 3 times the legal limit, he also hurt two other people that were in the car with my brother and friend. Well, this man who killed them, has a connection in the courthouse where this happened because his girlfriends step dad is the prosecutor or something, and they appointed the attourney general to be the prosecutor, but we think his connection is still working for him because the probation and parole lady, which we believe must know him because she called and spoke to me and my mother and asked how we felt about it, and she was very forgiving of him, and especially nice about his girlfriend. Also the probation and parole lady recommended 6-8 years? WTF? Anyways, we have until tuesday for the actual sentencing and I was just wondering if there was anything we could do to bring some heat on this. This was a white man who killed my brother and friend who were black, and we know if it was the other way around my brother friend would be up the river by now! He started out pleading not guilty, and had absolutely no remorse, and then he changed lawyers, partially because I think that other lawyer said "youre screwed" and now hes pleading guilty and he tried to say sorry after wards. Well were not going for this. We're going to contact the NAACP, and were trying to think of anyone else we can contact. Hes looking at 44 years altogether and she recommends 6-8? Wow...gotta be atleast 20 years, I mean come on now. Any body have any other ideas...I thought about calling some local news channels.
I know that, however, does that mean he shouldnt spend a significant time in prison, his life should atleast be delayed a little, thrown off, my brother and friends lives are over for good. He should atleast have to put his on hold to go to prison.
I guess you guys are right about the race thing, but I feel like things are just skewed in his favor because it happened where he lives and he has connections there. Also, I get to write a victim impact statement, and I plan to show some pictures of me and my brother, and my friend, and my friend also had 2 kids, so I plan to speak on their behalf also, Im so scared hes gonna walk out on this.
Also who would be going after in the civil suit? The court?



Answer
If I were you, I would enlist as much help from the media in publicizing this as possible. Contact tv stations, newspapers, local media websites, MADD, etc. You should be emphasizing the "good ole boy" contacts in the prosecutors office. I agree with you. The guy deserves at least twenty years. Even then, he's getting a "two-for-one deal" (sorry, not trying to be crass, you know what I mean....)

I agree with the other posters about not playing the race card. That isn't going to help your cause and you don't need to do it. Do not call Al and Jesse....that won't help either. Make sure you write the very best victim impact statement that you are capable of. Get help if need be. Good luck to you and I hope you get justice.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment