Monday, April 28, 2014

License Plate help please ?

Q. Hey everyone. So I'm looking for a car that my dad sold almost ten years ago. This car was his pride and joy, and I've been wanting this car back for years. I have the name of the guy he sold it to, the city, last license plate, and other info on it. Is there anyway you guys could help me find the car, look up where he is, the license plate, anything ?
Here's what I have

1969 Buick Riviera
Sold to - Orlando Palmeres (Palmeras?)
San Jose, CA
License plate at time of sale - XDN919 ( Old black and yellow license plate)


Answer
If the license plate number you gave was your father's license plate, then the vehicle would no longer have that plate on the car. The new owner would need to have registered the car in their name and would have been issued a new license plate ( unless they had a current plate from another vehicle that could be transferred ). You could use a "paid search service" in an attempt to track down the buyer. It's very difficult to get information on people these days because of all the new "Privacy Laws" each state has.

Can I find out a car owner by the plate number?




fada


I observed a VERY suspicious vehicle in my nieghborhood, I reported it to the police but they won`t give out the owner name or do anything. Can I find out the owner by the plate number? This is Oregon.
the first answer is seemingly pretty rude and indiffrent to the public at large, and I guess why i don`t live in Texas.



Answer
no, but a cop can run the plate, get the info. if they choose to release the info to you (which they usually wont) then that is their discretion
and to the dude that says he knows a 911 op.
remind your friend he/she can/will lose their job and possibly go to jail for that.
they're an idiot for doing it




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment