Saturday, May 3, 2014

need as much info as possible on rigid pavement construction of car parks and service roads, can anyone help?




pleasehelp


I need to evaluate the rigid construction method for a carpark and a service road with relation to the following constraints:
ground conditions
climate
cost
quality
H&S and Welfare
noise
visual impact
pollution factors
environmental impact assessment
legislation

I dont need much on each constraint but anythin would help as i am useless at this and after much research have not been too successful!!

Many thanks!



Answer
rigid pavement = concrete

is the car park multi-stories?

ground conditions: need bearing capacity of the soil and seismic information. this limits what type of building and its materials
climate. wet climates are okay for concrete, marine climates require special concrete
HS&W access ramps for handicaped, elderly, pedestrians etc.
noise. too small a structure will generate more tire noise, echoes , engine noise.
visual impact....these places are monolithic eye sores. need to break up the visual nature of slabs of concrete.
pollution.....you have a lots of cars. oil leaks, coolant leaks gas leakes , tire wear, soot ,mud rust.....
environmental impacts.....lost sunlight downtown, smelly cars, trucks diesel gas smells soot smoke oily
legislation....lots of bleeding hearts whining about all the above forming political action committiees cuz they have too much time on thier hands at home....generally spouses of rich people.

Craigslist cars, read info?




Brandon


When someone post there car on craiglist and they seem like they really don't want to get rid of it , is that an indication that it is a good car , I actually almost bought a car that looked to in perfect condition and offered him exaclty what he wanted for it and the guy ended up saying "hey I've decided not to sell it " bascically what I'm asking is, am i doing a good job looking for cars ?


Answer
Not really. My SUV is not a "good" car but I like it. It fits me well, I can parallel park it and know its limits and what it should sound like, I can see around me very well, it's very comfy for long drives, and I'm happy with it. But it's not worth much, less than $1,000. I wouldn't sell it for less than $3000 because, well, it would be tough finding a vehicle that I'm this comfortable driving and that I know the mechanics of as well. Plus, there's the headache of finding a new vehicle.....

I'd say that if someone is reluctant to sell, it doesn't mean the car is a good car at all. My hunk o' junk is a good example of that! But it does likely mean that they have either taken good care of the car (I do) or they've dropped a bunch of useless crap in it to make it "cool" and the wiring may look like cthulu and be wearing out the alternator and the "rims" can be putting too much strain on the transmission because they didn't bother to change rear end gearing and a lot of other stupid stuff.

It's an indication of attachment. Sometimes that means the car is really well cared for, in which case, you may be getting a good deal. It can also mean exactly the opposite. My husband calls such cars polished turds. Sure, they look great, but everything else is a catastrophe.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment