Saturday, May 3, 2014

What is the best car audio deck you can get




nick t


I'm getting a system for my car and I need your guy's opinion on what deck is the best and what company I should look at to get one. Any info helps


Answer
to me pioneer and eclipse are the top two.
go with the pioneer 9800bt it comes with blue tooth high pass filters low pass filters add ons for usb ipod it has a built in 13 band equalizer when most radios only give you a 3 band also most radios wont give you high pass and low pass filters which block frequencies you don't want certain speakers to play also it comes with higher voltage outputs which send a stronger signal to an amp if you choose to amplify there to much more that this unit does but you can read it at pioneer. Eclipse also has high end features if you are into having a radio provide good sound quality these are good to go with.

Setting an Intelligent Equalizer on Car Stereo, Hurts Ears...?




Ryan C


Hello, I have a JVC in dash car stereo. When I first installed it 3 years ago it really hurt my ears at first. It has an intelligent equalizer which gives you a ton of setting combinations as to how your player could sound. I remember it took me about 3 weeks of tweeking in order to get a setting I could stand to listen to. Well, last week my car battery went dead and I lost my sound settings. Now it's back to where I was 3 years ago. My ears hurt and they feel full of pressure when my cd player is on. I can't seem to remember how the equalizer was set. The options are: Low Level, Low Width, Low Frequency; Mid Level Mid Width and High Level, High Frequency. It also has an option for Loud On or Off. It's driving me crazy cause I loved the sound of my player once I got things tweeked and I can't seem to get it back. Does anyone no anything about sound or car stereos or equalizers that could give me some advice or info on how to have a nice sound? Thanks!


Answer
I own a JVC (my g/f's car) and it has the same EQ. It's actually pretty nice.
First off, you generally don't touch the bass.
Try to cut the midrange to about -1 or -2, have the mid width on '2' -the biggest 'Q'.
Now, the treble, where your 'bleeding ears' are being caused by; start at a high freq, it goes up to 15Khz so start there. Boost it at about +2 - +4. See how it sounds. If it sounds a bit bright, bring the freq down a little. Leave the loud off until you get the main EQ set, then see if it helps with it on.

Honestly, every car is shaped differently so noone can tell you what to have the EQ set to. You're just going to need to sit there, car off, volume to about halfway (25?) and mess with it until YOU like it.

Also, it might hurt you ears because you have the volume too high and the internal amplifier is clipping (distorting). I can only turn my g/f's JVC up to about 38 (goes to 50) before it clips.

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment