Sunday, April 13, 2014

Car payment question.?




Jay-C


Okay, let's say I put a down payment on a car and bought it in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but than I moved to California. How exactly would I make the montly payments?


Answer
who ever you financed it through should give you a payment booklet or send you a bill just make sure they have all your new info. If it was with one of those small town high interest places that finance it on the lot then you need to let them know you have moved and that you need to make some arrangement with getting payments to them!

Do you pay extra car payments?




pink_me


If you have a car loan, do you make extra payments on it, and if so, how much? What are the benefits of paying off your car early versus putting the money in your emergency fund?

I'm trying to determine the best thing to do in my situation (I owe $6,300 on my 2002 car at 4.39 percent and I'm earning 4.4% in ING, not including other funds in CDs making higher rates). In a couple of months when my personal debt is gone, I was planning to make extra payments on my car to retire it early. What would you do?



Answer
I just made an extra car payment today - am cutting out of debt and want to pay it off early.

If you have other debt, such as credit cards that have higher interst rates, and you've been paying on your car for a while, you may want to pay off the higher interest rate debt first since you probably pay the bulk of interest at the beginning of a car loan. So put the extra money toward higher interest debt first.

Congrats on wanting to be debt free - and on using places like ING for savings. I use ING for my emergency plan money.

For more info on getting completely out of debt and changing your life, check out the link below. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University is offered in towns across the country, plus he does live shows as well. I guarantee you it will change your life!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment