Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tracing a Car by license plate?




Hoeky442


I need to be able to search a license plate number and match it to the car it's attached to.

I was recently involved in a hit and run. A car sideswiped my while driving down the highway (Gardner Expressway in Toronto). I thought I caught the plate, and called the police but they told me to pull over and stop following the person that hit me. It was near midnight and traveling at 100 km/h plus, so I'm worried I may not have got the plate correct. The problem is, if I have even one digit wrong, I know the police will realize the vehicle description and the plate don't match and give up trying - leaving me with my insurance company charging me a large deductible and no coverage for a rental car. Does anyone know how I can trace license plates for free (or very cheap) so I can try a few different possibilities and see if I can get a match for the type of car I saw?



Answer
Nope, don't do it.

There are a few websites that offer such a service, but they're all frauds and none of them are free. The information you're after is only available to the MTO and law enforcement, and even they need to have a valid reason for looking it up. There are no websites or services who give that to the public, only fraud artists who want to get their hands on your credit card number.

Give all the info to the OPP, and they'll do what they can with it. They can't really do much, but they'll run a search and see if it leads anywhere.

Hit & run damage with no injuries isn't a big priority for cops, so don't expect a fast response or a very in-depth investigstion. Same thing with your insurer. Cops and insurance companies deal with dozens of these cases per day, so you may as well claim it as a hit & run under Collision coverage and hope the other guy is caught. If they catch the other guy, you'll get your deductible back. They'll also cover you for a rental but only if you spent money on one, so keep all receipts if you do. But again, that's if they catch the guy.

Sorry, I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. But it's what you need to know.

New car, License plate ideas?




:)


I just got my car few days ago!! yayiii meee =]
I am turning 18 soon. So college here I come!
I want a really cute/funny/girly license plate.
I noticed they are not that colorful... which sucks.. but It would be nice to have something cute on my car.
Any ideas?
Jonathan I am a girl.



Answer
with the limited info given i say "COED-QT" maybe PHD 4ME OR BRLYLGL




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment