Saturday, April 19, 2014

what do the buttons on my car consel mean?

Q. i am looking for a website that has pictures of all the different car buttons and icons. everything from the stereo to what pulls the convertible top down, to what heats the seats. other than an owners manual is there anywhere else i can find this information?


Answer
I dont own a shop, but this information can be found many places online. Most likely youre going to find the information in your cars forum. Search google for 'bmw forums' 'dodge forums' etc. Then youre going to have to search through the site to get the info, but its more then likely going to be there. occasionally ive picked up dash pictures on google image search. i know for a fact that the 80s porsche 924, 928, and 911 are on there. its a picture of the dash with what the buttons do.
many of the cars forums also have downloadable owners, or even shop manuals. http://www.hondahookup.com has nearly every shop manual from 1980s honda civics to 2007 s2000s. its a great site if you want to learn more about honda/acuras.

Which one of these makes a good first car?




Blarg


I want an older BMW or Benz. The Benz has to be 1980s or W140. Realistically, these models below are in my budget. Please don't give me a hard time about expensive maintenance. I'll be doing my own maintenance because I love to work on cars, and I'll get experience by fixing stuff. I don't need info on these individual cars, but I'm wondering about the models.

Benz:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1961046177.html

Or a BMW:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/1971608427.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1960109645.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1959665283.html

I know what to expect from the Benz and have done a ton of research on it. What about the BMWs? Is the E32 (7) a better choice than E34 (5)? Which models within those ranges do you recommend?



Answer
That Benz looks awesome and probably has a lot of good life left. It is hard to argue with that so jump on it. Shopping for cars is all about not buying the first one that you see. Look around, ignore lots of what you see, but when you do see the one that sets itself apart, BUY IT. It's an 83 yet it looks great. Why? Because it has been taken care of. It's being sold because they are moving. What it all adds up to is these are the classic signs that it is a good deal. Still, an 83 is over 25 years old and you should expect lots of things to break down on it if you drive it a lot. All the hoses are going to get old and burst. The owner though was probably a rich dude and took it to the shop whenever he had the slightest problem so the car has probably had a ton of stuff replaced on it. Lots of people sell their cars because there is a problem with them, and you get stuck with it. This though seems like a sweet deal. Good luck.

PS> If it was me, I would add Z-Max to the oil at every oil change. It helps keep the inside of a motor clean. It removes carbon deposit buildup. I have used it with good results. I used the gas additive though and got a ton of sludge in my gas tank so I am not sure it is such a good idea to add that to the gas tank. When I buy Z-Max, I find it online somewhere and buy just the oil additive instead of the whole kit. I buy like 3 or 4 so I have it around the house and don't have to pay shipping on the order.

http://www.autobarn.net/zmax-engine-treatment.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment