Monday, April 21, 2014

Finding a cars resonance 10 Points!?

Q. I'm a big car audio person and people always tell me for best db's I should tune the box my subs are in to the same freq. my cars is. How can I do that? How can you find a cars resonance (Most likely what hertz your cars tuned to) please leave helpful info

BTW:10 POINTS!!!

"Hope This Helped"


Answer
Get a 10" or 12" sub in a 1 cubic foot sealed box and a dB meter, and find a test CD that does sine sweeps or bass tests. Then note the frequency which gets you the highest reading.

The other way would be to measure the distance from the windshield to the back of the car (in feet), and take 1130/(2 x that distance). If the number is over 100 then divide by 2 until it's below that. So if the inside was 8 ft from front to rear it would be 70.6 Hz, but I've heard different opinions on that method.

Need help car problem read info ?

Q. It is a 95 dodge neon it almost turns over has gas could it be the spark plugs or just because it is cold any guesses on what it could be and how to fix it


Answer
sounds like a battery problem. Check the voltage with a volt meter it should be around 12-13 volts with the car off. Also check if your headlights dim when you try to turn on the car. You might need to replace the battery.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment