Monday, July 29, 2013

Can you buy a new 08 car from a dealership? I want to know if I can use the Cash For Clunkers rebate on it?

car model info on HowStuffWorks
car model info image



bgsimsrvp


We have an old SUV that qualifies for the rebate. I figure that with the slowdown in the auto industry, there would still be alot of new 2008 car models on the lot. Wanting the most affordable deal, I was hopeful I could use the $4500 government rebate applied to a lesser priced 2008 model. While it is not a 2009; it is still new.


Answer
Buying a new 2008 would depend on what is available in your area.

When talking to dealers, make sure they are registered to accept the voucher and DO NOT reveal your true financial situation to them (ahum, or on Y!A... to the two who gave me a TD on a Q, you're nuts if you really thought I'd give my true $$ info). Let them work for the sale.

I've found these links the most trustworthy and useful:
http://www.cars.gov/ (only this one! lots of scams going on)

http://www.edmunds.com/ This site might seem too much at first, but research New Cars and make sure to go to the True Market Value page (TMV) before you talk to Dealers.

And check re sales tax for you State, County. Some dealers will calulate the tax based on the original price. If your Clunkler is worth less than the voucher, you will have Capital Gains at the end of the year.

How can I find out if parts from one year of a car model are compatible with a different year's model?




alexb0006


Is there a good (free) source to find out which parts from one model year of a car are compatible with another model year? For example, if I need a grille for a 2001 Lincoln Continental, how can I determine if a grille from other years will be compatible?


Answer
There is a parts interchange book that has all the info on that. It is usually found at auto salvage yards. You can go there & ask them what fits.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment