Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Would you get your 15 year old a brand new VW bug?

car news vw on Car News: Upcoming 2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI Pictures with great ...
car news vw image






My friend is 15, she doesn't have her permit (that I know of, we haven't spoken in a while), and she doesn't have a job to even pay for gas or insurance. Would you get your 15 year old a new car much less one in her situation? Just curious, I wouldn't. And I'm not - I have my dad's old '95 Buick & we share.
* You may have a permit at 15 - meaning you can drive in the car with an adult under certain restrictions and during certain hours.



Answer
Heck no. It's a well known fact that most kids wreck their first car, at the least have a minor accident in it. Why buy a beautiful new car just to have it damaged?

For the record, my first accident was at 16, I backed into another car in the school parking lot. Oops. My mom was livid. My dad, very understanding. He bought me reeses peanut butter cups to cheer me up. Thankfully, it was mom's car, not new, and not in the greatest of shape. The best news was, a few months later, she put a bigger ding in it than I had! lol

What vehicle should I buy that has good safety ratings and great MPG?




Nikki


I'm looking to buy a safe car, preferably a sedan (cheaper for insurance), that also gets great gas mileage. Under 70,000 miles; used. Color doesn't matter, preferably not purple though:) If anyone has any ideas of what car I should look into or has a car similar to what I'm looking for that wants to sell, please let me know.

Thank you!!



Answer
One of the best all around cars is the Subaru Impressa (non-turbo), also by the way Honda Fit, VW Rabbit, Mazda 3 and the Mazda Protege.
If you want a little bigger car Ford Fusion, Mazda 6 and the Mercury Milan.
Now I have not included the Toyota models that made the list of many reasons, the edition of Consumers Reports that has this list was published before a lot of the news came out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment