Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How much will it cost to ship a car from the United States to the Caribbean?

car info spec on New 2015 Chrysler 100 Spy Photos Models and Release on neocarmodel.com ...
car info spec image



AB


Hi, I have family that lives in Miami, FL in the United States. I myself is living in Aruba (in the Caribbean). I was looking at a few used cars online that they are selling in Miami and I wanted to buy one. I will let one of my family members down in Miami to look at the car for me and check if every thing is okay, so basically I want to know how much and what do I need to pay for to receive my car here in Aruba. Price range of the car will probably be between $6000 - $8000 if that helps with anything?

Please let me know if you have any experience or knowledge on shipping cars overseas.

Thank you.



Answer
Shipping a car to Aruba costs about $2600 plus $300 handling (that's $2900 for a 20' container).
Price includes:

1. All usa filings
2. Bracing and lashing
3. US customs title clearance

More info here: http://www.nyshipping.com/car-shipping

Taxes in Aruba vary according to the size of the car and its specs. So a 4WD new, big engine luxury SUV will be taxe higher than a simpler car. tax ranges are between 12.5% - 40%.

So assuming your car will cost $6000-$8000 the tax will be on the lower end (lets assume a safe $20), the total should come to $13000. Add $1000 for all kinds and you'll be on the safe side with $14000.

Be sure to send it with no more than 1/4 tank of gasoline and of course make sure the car has a clean title with no liens (and save your self a heart ache).

Good luck, hope that helped.

Enjoy your new car ;)

What are the stock engine specs for a 1966 Mustang?




WittyWease


Also, is it possible to find a "kit car" for the '66 Mustang? What engines are available for a '66 Mustang kit car?


Answer
sorry, no kit car, but lots of parts

Here are some specs http://boxwrench.net/specs/ford_289_302-5.0.htm
the only engines that will fit in the early Mustangs (65 and 66) are the 302,289,260,250,200,170 because of the narrow engine bay created from the coil towers.

Actually they all came out in the 65/66 Mustang except the 302 and 250 which came out in 68/69 Horse power ranged from 120 in the six to 271 in the eight.
lots more info here




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment