Sunday, August 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I of roughly 5 years...?

news 40 car pile up on ... NEWS | UK | England | Oxfordshire | M40 reopens after serious pile-up
news 40 car pile up image



baker0108


We are good basically high-school sweethearts, We consider our relationship based on the movie The Notebook, the biggest issue in our relationship is her mother, she is a 40 year old woman trapped inside of a 21 year old mind. She goes out to the bars every weekend, bands, ect. doesn't come back to the house after work (some nights)until late at night (drunk) Very Irrisponsible Person I may say!

The catch is this:

She has taken on her two granchildren from custody of the state so they would not end up in a foster home, well she has basically put all the responsibility onto myself and my girlfreind, the two kids are calling us Mommy and Daddy and I for one never asked for this, I do feel extremely bad for these boys, but at the same time I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS TO HAPPEN, I am deeply in love w/ my GF but I am also ready to break the news to her that we need to go our seperate ways because I am not ready to have two kids at the age I am (23) I still live w/ daddy trying to work everyday to get out, It is almost to the point where I am going to call the Social Service Agency and break the news to them that this "So called Foster Mom" is a pile of Horse S**T. She is ruining our relationship and there is nothing I can really do besides ask for help from My Yahoo Friends!

My GF is basically whipped around by her Mom (oh if you dont babysitt the boys I will take the plates off your car,Kick you out of the house Blah blah blah, ect.

If anyone knows please HELP ME OUT!

Break Up - or - Call DSS ?



Answer
There is no respect for you here. Leave fast.

What are the actual statistics of plain crashes? Is there any airline that's known for their safety?




S.Z.


I despise flying. I am going to be doing regular back and forth flying from Seattle to Dallas for the next few months.

It is a direct 3 hr 50 min flight. I have been only flying on American Airlines... But I have been seeing so many things in the news about crashes and air safety... It's been scaring me, especially since I bring my son along.

But it is the fastest and easiest way to travel, it would take too much out of me to go by train or car every other week.

Does anyone know the actual statistics of which method of travel is the safest? What are the actual numbers for deaths or accidents per year by train or air or car?

Also, is there any specific airline know for their safety? Also, is there a specific time of day or night that plane crashes are more likely to happen?



Answer
The NTSB maintains tons of data on airplane accidents and has a searchable database that you can use to find incidents, filtered by airline, location, dates, type of carrier (e.g. commercial/private) and a variety of other criteria. All major carriers in the US are of about equal safety. Smaller regional airlines are not quite as safe. If you have a direct flight, then it is unlikely that you will be on a smaller, regional airline that codeshares with a major carrier. That is a good thing.

The main NTSB aviation page is: http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm
The database search page is: http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp

To summarize, however:
Each year in the US, about 40,000 people die in vehicle related accidents - that is more than 100 each and every day.

Over about the past 15 years, there have been more than 10 million flights every year. Long term averages are that there are 2.5 accidents that involve fatalities each year. 2.5 out of 10 million. Statistics also say that about 95 people, on average die in plane accidents each year. But, there are years, such as 2002, 2007 and 2008, where there are no fatal accidents on US carriers.

So, cars: 100+ people per day; planes 95 people per year.

Media reports on airplane incidents completely distort the perception of safety. One aircraft accident that kills 100 people will be in the news for a week, with follow up stories for another month. Over that same period of 30 days, 3,000 people will have died in car crashes. The news media never reports on those 3,000 people. Car crashes only get in the news if there is some 50 car pile up, or a van carrying 10 people rolls over - or some other large fatality event.

Every statistical study, regardless of how the statistics are computed, shows that air travel is far safer than other means.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment