Sunday, October 6, 2013

What are the steps for transferring MD car title to NY as a gift to my brother?

car title info on Are Vehicle Title Loans Safe? | TitleMasters Title Loans
car title info image



budhanilka


I am a Maryland resident and currently own a car titled and registered in Maryland. I would like to gift the car to my brother who is a New York state resident. If anybody had been in a similar situation or know about the procedure, please help me out here. Step-by-step procedure will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!


Answer
you drive the car to NY take the MD plates off and hand him the title along with a notarized letter stating its a gift and a family member he still might have to pay taxes on the car when it comes time to register it the NY. the NY dmv website might give you more info as in other forms to fill out

How do I remove the ex from my car title?




yessie


I just got registration renewal notice and my ex husband is on the title. We are on good terms so there would be no problem getting him off the title but i have already visited http://www.dmv.ca.gov and cant find any info on how to remove a spouse from the car title. He is also not on the loan if that makes a difference. Thanks


Answer
You can't, until the loan is paid off.

Once the loan is paid off, and the lender sends you the title, he can sign the back of the title in the "seller" space, and you for the buyer. You then bring it to the DMV, and pay for a new title with his name OFF of it, and then you buy new tags (registration) with his name off of it. And that's how you do it.

You cannot take his name off, until you have the title in hand.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment