Thursday, October 10, 2013

Where Do I gain the knowledge to Run a successful used car dealership?

car dealership info on ... & Regulations Governing Auto Dealers at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple
car dealership info image



o


I am currently a college student and I thinking of starting a car dealership after I graduate, but I have Completely NO Idea how to gain the knowledge to do so effectively.

1) Where would I learn stuff like how to negotiate good deals with auctions and customers, & general biz operations etc.

2 Also, how much do u think it would cost to start a used dealership?

To all the dealership owners/employees/knowledgeable people what advice would you give me? Thanks!



Answer
quick answer. get a job at a dealership as a saleman. you'll learn the basics and some of the inside info. maybe a few basic business classes. the car biz is hit or miss....good luck

Is it legal for car dealerships to keep info from you?




Tabitha


Is it legal for a car dealership not tell you how much you have left on your car when buying it from them? For example I am buying a car from our local dealership.. I asked them today how much I have left on it.. They replied I can not tell you that?!? Is that legal? Why can't they tell me if it is legal??? I am paying quite a big for a car and I want to know what I have left on it.


Answer
Otto is exactly right and it's obvious that you are involved with a bad buy here pay here lot. I suggest that you gather whatever paperwork you have from this deal and have someone who understands the business review the agreement. Apparently you have a contract that is either open ended or never ending. I'll bet the registration is not solely in your name. The debt is likely in anothers name too. An attorney or consumer advocate may be a helpful option. As far as the legality: There are many situations in business that are governed more by ethics than law. Big brother can't protect everyone from everything, and that's good. Too many laws make for too many criminals. But there are other avenues to seek justice from unethical people. Your deal smells bad. Get help.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment