Saturday, November 30, 2013

can I drive my car with my American driver license in Dubai even if i have a Visit visa?

car info uae on ... Vehicle Dealers Dubai, Used Cars for Sale Dubai, Used Car Dealer UAE
car info uae image



REEM


Some of friends told me that i can drive rent a car if i want to drive with my American Driver License if i have visit visa, Is that right? But i don't want to rent a car i already have my husband car


Answer
International Driving Permits and overseas driving licences are not valid for driving private cars in the UAE.
A temporary driving license is issued if you want to drive a private car in Dubai but don't have a residency visa to be able to obtain a full UAE driving license eg visitors on visit visas, expats waiting for residence visa processing. You obtain it from a traffic police station (there's one next to Mall of the Emirates in Al Barsha) and it's valid for six months. Bring:

Your home country passport, driving license and copies - your licence and passport are supposed to be from the same country.
Copy of whatever visa you have for the UAE (or passport if it's stamped, or e-gate card if not) - if you have a residence visa you are not supposed to be able to obtain a temporary driving licence.
International Driving Permit from the same country as your licence. As of early 2007 this appears to be more necessary than previously but you never know if/when rules or interpretations of them change.

More info:
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/driving-licence-in-dubai.php#temporary

Can you people please tell me a career that 1. Doesn't have a boss 2.Doesn't involve sitting at a desk?




Stray Melo


3. Is fun and interactive 4. Pays too
I have a very restless nature and I am unable to work a desk job for more than 5 months max and I need some purpose or sense of having a purpose while working and I have been unable to find it so far. Please guys & gals help me out here and tell me some fun careers.



Answer
Hi, I happen to have experience in both issues #1 and 2 you have. I get wanderlust after about 2 years and need to travel. I am also my own boss with my own business. So, you do have two choices. You can make your own business from scratch, living off practically nothing for a year until your business becomes profitable - IF it ever does. What you put into your own business is directly proportional to what you get back for that first year. Gotta do a lot of advertising.
That's what I did for 5 years. Maintained a reasonably head-barely-above-water business for 5 years. But damn that wanderlust was killing me and the economy turned so I couldn't travel like I did in year 3 of my business.
So, I went to craigslist and saw this ad called "teach in china". I thought it to be a scam, turns out it wasn't. I looked up my info, found other countries pay people to teach English to young students. You basically get to play all day long with elementary school students or have fun with middle school students (Depends on the job. Most times, you'll get a mix of both. Rarely, high school is available but really, don't count on that or teaching adults.) You can find jobs teaching at schools (30 students or sometimes more) or after school acadamies which have 8-12 students per class.

So, I packed up my apartment, sold my car, and got my butt to Korea, where I'm teaching middle schoolers. I LOVE it and it pays decently enough that you can save up money and every 6 months, go travel somewhere for a week or two. And you can travel at your leisure on the weekends. Other countries are similar - paying less or more and benefits are always different too (example: some provide apartments, some don't but help you find one and the apartments are cheap as hell in that case usually, almost all give health benefits, etc).
After one year's contract is done, you can simply pack up, go to a whole different area, city, or country, and start a new contract and travel your butt off. You DO have a boss, many whom leave you alone cause they can't speak English. It is common to have a co-teacher who speaks at least basic English, they will help you get set up and all that.

Okay, sounds too good to be true, right? Yeah, thought so too. There are a FEW requirements to get jobs most places, but some don't even need those. So, here's the basics.
-You have to have a bachelor's degree for 95% of the jobs listed on the below website. It doesn't matter what degree you have. It could be in basket weaving or pottery. They don't care.
-It is HIGHLY recommended you earn a 100-120 hour TEFL certificate. They are cheap, generally under $300 for an online one. If you're in a larger city, see if your local community college offers a course - those are considered better than online ones and for some jobs, offer better jobs and benefits for one that has "20+ practicum hours" of teaching. But a 100-ish hour one will give you access to a good 95% of jobs that ask for a tefl.
-If you don't have a bachelor's degree (Or only a partial one, associates or otherwise) there are quite a few programs, or jobs in general, that only ask for a TEFL along with whatever college experience you might have. I'd estimate that about 15% of all jobs are like this, and only in certain countries at that. China being one, perhaps Vietnam or similar too. There are a few that don't require college at all, but only about 5%.
- My advice: Make sure what is most important to you is what country you go to. Money the BIGGEST issue you must solve? China, Korea, Taiwan, or UAE. Wanna live somewhere with no snow and lots of paradise-looking land? Thailand/ Taiwan/ Lower China. Meeting different people and learning about cultures? Job hop every year to every country.

You can find jobs and info and FAQ at the below website. Hopefully this helps you a lot. Teaching English is a good sense of purpose as you are teaching students a language that they absolutely need for their future. I love my job btw and intend to do it as a career in many countries :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment